A&H

West Ham V Spurs - blood

Ryanj91

With the amount of blood pouring out of his head. Like literally everywhere

Why has the ref let spurs regain possession and then allowed Kane to have shot on goal?!

Baffled.

If Kane's shot went in... Would have been crazy scenes

The Referee Store
It was clear from the initial contact it was a bad clash, head on head.

That said soucek sprang up straight away to try and block the shot so perhaps not as obvious a decision as it seemed.

It was clear from the initial contact it was a bad clash, head on head.

That said soucek sprang up straight away to try and block the shot so perhaps not as obvious a decision as it seemed.
Assuming because the ref hadn't stopped play?

Both players were down. Ref let play continue, both got up, but Soucek had enough blood pouring from his head to give someone a blood transfusion 😂

Assuming because the ref hadn't stopped play?

Both players were down. Ref let play continue, both got up, but Soucek had enough blood pouring from his head to give someone a blood transfusion 😂

Don't get me wrong it surprised me too that it wasn't stopped straight away.

Don't get me wrong it surprised me too that it wasn't stopped straight away.
Yeah. The sound of the collision was pretty nasty as well. Surprised the spurs player was fine!

On another note. I was surprised sanchez wasn't booked for the late tackle seconds after Hojbjerg was booked for the late tackle during the WH counter attack - should have been 2 for the two late tackles. Then Regulon got booked for a nothing tackle. Strange 3 or so mins with the cautions there.

Yeah. The sound of the collision was pretty nasty as well. Surprised the spurs player was fine!

On another note. I was surprised sanchez wasn't booked for the late tackle seconds after Hojbjerg was booked for the late tackle during the WH counter attack - should have been 2 for the two late tackles. Then Regulon got booked for a nothing tackle. Strange 3 or so mins with the cautions there.

He didn't give a free kick for that foul! And yeah the regulion one was odd, have I missed 2 or 3 others (hence persistent?). If not it just wasn't a yellow card foul.

More talking points! Lingard plays the ball, runs towards a player who looks offside but lingard gets the ball first and shoots.

Lino flags and he probably shouldn't have in law (And especially as he wasn't off anyway!)

Reactions: one

Regulion had 2/3 fouls before the booking so no doubt was for persistent.

was surprised myself the game wasn’t stopped with the clash. I was thinking Pawson never saw it was a clash of heads cause I’m if remember correctly play was stopped when the ball was at the half way line.

More talking points! Lingard plays the ball, runs towards a player who looks offside but lingard gets the ball first and shoots.

Lino flags and he probably shouldn't have in law (And especially as he wasn't off anyway!)
And I had no idea what VAR was checking. Why freeze frame at the time of the last touch if the suspected player did not interfere?

And I had no idea what VAR was checking. Why freeze frame at the time of the last touch if the suspected player did not interfere?

It barely needed one replay, similar to the Sanchez goal in the cup final a few years ago. On field officials should have got it right first time!

Back