A&H

West Ham v AZ

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I get the head injury stoppage etc, but there should be some rule that if the referee has to stop the play for a player holding his head then player has to go off for 2 minutes minimum, regardless, but more importantly check they're themselves good to carry on.

In this game, AZ player went down after a touch by Rice (barely that) and was down for about a minute holding his head. The referee eventually stops play with West Ham keeping ball, and as soon as he does, the AZ player has got back up. Didn't move a muscle until that point.

That, to me, is cheating. Completely playing the system. Knowing the game will be forced stopped.

And now a free kick given following a cross into the box by Benrahma. Very very soft especially from what was not given in the previous minutes (only watched about 10 minutes).

The Referee Store
He gave that "foul" against West Ham instead of a corner, but didn't give a push for West Ham that led to the goal being scored.
Very odd and poor refereeing here.

He gave that "foul" against West Ham instead of a corner, but didn't give a push for West Ham that led to the goal being scored.
Very odd and poor refereeing here.
Interestingly asked a push in the back question just this week and a lot of the answers to that post relevant here.

First thing that jumps out is referee position, impossible for him to call it.

Secondly then and over to VAR, and I can see why not enough to overturn, more on the contact rather than push spectrum.

If I stop play for a head injury then the physio is coming on and the player is going off, whether he likes it or not.

Referee getting stick, but the non-foul on Paqueta leading to the goal was spot on, he felt a hand on his back and flung himself forward. And he was very, very quick to spot the penalty. He was a bit inconsistent, but he got the big decisions spot on.

Also there’s a few claims the ref put his whistle to his mouth (which he did) because he thought it was a foul on Paqueta, when actually in his “jump” he throws his arms up, handles the ball and then the referee plays an advantage which did benefit AZ Alkmaar.

I mainly watched the second half but thought he wasn’t too bad, Antonio was a bit lightweight and almost silly to keep trying to get free kicks when the ref wasn’t giving them and the penalty spot was well done and glad to see those reckless punches being punished.

Also there’s a few claims the ref put his whistle to his mouth (which he did) because he thought it was a foul on Paqueta, when actually in his “jump” he throws his arms up, handles the ball and then the referee plays an advantage which did benefit AZ Alkmaar.

I mainly watched the second half but thought he wasn’t too bad, Antonio was a bit lightweight and almost silly to keep trying to get free kicks when the ref wasn’t giving them and the penalty spot was well done and glad to see those reckless punches being punished.
Yes, he was definitely going to give a free kick for handball but played advantage.

Back