A&H

Welsh league Div Three game

matty639

Level 5 Referee
Been appointed to a Welsh Football League Division Three game in November, done one higher in the middle but had assistants for that and this will still have club officials. Going to be an interesting one but looking forward to it. Nice to get one that high that's not just being an AR.

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Good work mate. It amazes me that at this level you still don't get NARs. But I am sure it'll be an experience. :)

I am hoping to get more welsh league games in the coming seasons. They asked for refs to do the line for Sunday games at youth level this season but I have just had the one game so far. Keen for more.

What grade are you currently? 3b (old welsh 6) or are you in the English system?

I'm 6 under the English system or 3b down here. Done loads of ARs on the Welsh League, but very few middles. I don't mind to much but just glad to get one. It's a much better experience to Ref'ing in the County leagues.

3b is the old 6 under the welsh system - to do Pembs league division 1 requires a grade 6. Equates to an English 5 I think? I may be corrected on that one.

No the levels were same, I had this with the WWFA when I affiliated down here. No distrespect to welsh football but to suggest that the standard of comparative football is higher in Wales is higher than in England isn't right. The levels are the same, I think it was just something that came down from higher in the Welsh FA.

They were misaligned for some reason before the change to the new uefa based system which only wales appears to have adopted!!

Old system was
Level 1 – Referees selected by the Football Association of Wales to serve on the National List of Referees

Level 2 – Referees selected by the Football Association of Wales to serve on the Supplementary National List of Referees

Level 3 – Referees selected to serve on the FIFA list of Assistant Referees.

Level 4 – Referees selected by the Football Association of Wales to serve on the list of Referees who serve on the Welsh League Division One and the Cymru Alliance

Level 5 – Referees selected by the Football Association of Wales to serve on the list of Referees of the Mid Wales League, the Welsh National League (Wrexham Area), the Welsh Alliance League and Division Two of the Welsh League

Level 6 – Referees who are deemed qualified to referee in all matches below the above levels,

Level 7 – Referees who are deemed qualified to referee in all matches in Leagues affiliated to the Area Associations, and who meet the requirements of the promotion criteria for this level.

Level 8 – Referees who have satisfied the examiners as to their theoretical knowledge of the game.

Level 9 – Junior Referees who have satisfied the examiners as to their theoretical knowledge of the game not having attained 16 years of age.

Level 10 – Trainee Referees

English system -
InternationalInternational LevelPremier League and international matches
Level 1National ListFootball League
Level 2aPanel ListConference National, Conference North and Conference South (full), Football League (assistant)
Level 2bConference North and Conference South (full), Football League (assistant)
Level 3Contributory Referees
Level 4Supply League Referees
Level 5Senior County Referees
Level 6County Referees
Level 7Junior Referees
Level 8Youth Referee
Level 9Trainee Referee
Level 10Declared non-active Referees

Youth ref in England takes the place of newly qualified in Wales - 9 is 8 for some reason and throws the whole system out.

the welsh one out of date now however.

The point you make about standard is a good one. Always felt a little jealous of refs in England as the system just seems better with clear progression through the grades.

Back