A&H

Weather

bmace3

With a yellow forecast of snow tomorrow, and an eye on the weather. I’m down to do my under 10 team. If it does fall foul of the weather during the game. Do I need to let the league know it was abandoned and if so do I need to do anything else?

The Referee Store
With a yellow forecast of snow tomorrow, and an eye on the weather. I’m down to do my under 10 team. If it does fall foul of the weather during the game. Do I need to let the league know it was abandoned and if so do I need to do anything else?

Depends on what happens. If it is called off before you arrive then typically it would be the responsbility of the home club to let the league know, although always worth you letting the league know as they might have another game that needs covering that is going ahead. If you arrive and call it off, or you start the game and it is abandoned, you would need to inform the league.

Depends on what happens. If it is called off before you arrive then typically it would be the responsbility of the home club to let the league know, although always worth you letting the league know as they might have another game that needs covering that is going ahead. If you arrive and call it off, or you start the game and it is abandoned, you would need to inform the league.
Brilliant thank you. I’m not appointed by the league just doing it as I coach/ ref for them. But I will let them know too if it has to be cancelled.

Be careful of language used: a match that doesn’t take place is postponed. A match that starts but does not finish is abandoned.

Be careful of language used: a match that doesn’t take place is postponed. A match that starts but does not finish is abandoned.
Yeah I thought that much. The manager is refereeing an older age group before so he’ll make the call pre game, I just meant if I had to abandon during the game if conditions deteriorated

Back