A&H

Weather frustrated few weeks

bmace3

Had 3 games called off for waterlogged pitches this weekend and looks like may have 3 called off this weekend too. Meant to be having my first observation this weekend (previous one on postponed game already), and with working shifts may struggle to fit my games in by the cut off period. Looking to be a busy end of the year if I am to get them in!

The Referee Store
Had 3 games called off for waterlogged pitches this weekend and looks like may have 3 called off this weekend too. Meant to be having my first observation this weekend (previous one on postponed game already), and with working shifts may struggle to fit my games in by the cut off period. Looking to be a busy end of the year if I am to get them in!
If you are aiming to go 7 to 6, or indeed 6 to 5, there is no cut-off date now, and no observations at that level.

I've had one middle since mid December off the top of my head, and even that one, pitch wasn't great but playable after forking, though second half saw a heavy downpour and we just about made it through. I've never been in such close proximity to so many filthy women (oo er)!

Had 2 lines in that same period, one an academy friendly on a heated pitch, other was boxing day (my first ever boxing day fixture)!

I've got a mate who's meant to be on a line tonight, it's been called off for the 6th time. A couple more times and I'm thinking of ringing the Guinness World Record people!

There's gonna be a backlog and a half come the end of the season at this rate.

I've had one middle since mid December off the top of my head, and even that one, pitch wasn't great but playable after forking, though second half saw a heavy downpour and we just about made it through. I've never been in such close proximity to so many filthy women (oo er)!

Had 2 lines in that same period, one an academy friendly on a heated pitch, other was boxing day (my first ever boxing day fixture)!

I've got a mate who's meant to be on a line tonight, it's been called off for the 6th time. A couple more times and I'm thinking of ringing the Guinness World Record people!

There's gonna be a backlog and a half come the end of the season at this rate.
We've had worse seasons than this. 2017/18 springs to mind. Went about early October to about late Jan/Feb with almost nothing.

If you are aiming to go 7 to 6, or indeed 6 to 5, there is no cut-off date now, and no observations at that level.
I meant coaching visit, my apologies. I spoke to my referee officer and he said if they hadn’t been completed it would start again from the next season? Is that not correct

We've had worse seasons than this. 2017/18 springs to mind. Went about early October to about late Jan/Feb with almost nothing.
I remember playing 09/10 season. Played on first weekend in October then didn’t play until mid feb!

In fairness, I qualified late 2018 so wouldn't have been in that season.

This one is bad enough, I think a season like that would see me just give up for a couple of seasons, unless I was looking to progress. I'd get so used to disappointment and having weekends free.

I meant coaching visit, my apologies. I spoke to my referee officer and he said if they hadn’t been completed it would start again from the next season? Is that not correct
The FA Handbook states:
"On behalf of The Association, each Affiliated Association must classify Referees administered by their
Association. The classification period runs from 1 June in each year, or the date of successful completion of the initial examination, until the referee has been promoted or reclassified as part of the
agreed processes"
Based on that, I think your RDO may need to reconsider.

I remember my local team, Redditch Utd playing 14 games in 18 days in the 97/98 season with the last 9 being played in 9 days. I also think, but could be mis-remembering they had to play 2 games on one day, fielding 2 separate teams. I'm sure there's an article on it somewhere, they were in the Dr Martens league at the time. Can't remember what caused the congestion, so apologies if it wasn't weather related

Very few on this forum will remember the winter of 1972/3, which was my first year of travelling to London to my first job. I played for a team in South London at the time.
There was NO football from Boxing Day until early April because of the severe weather!

Very few on this forum will remember the winter of 1972/3, which was my first year of travelling to London to my first job. I played for a team in South London at the time.
There was NO football from Boxing Day until early April because of the severe weather!
I remember it as the year my parents were born! ;)

I've recently moved county and my new area has a good selection of 3G pitches so I am getting the odd game but I've basically assumed nothing until March. Going for promotion next season and I am basically going to take every game I can get before Christmas to avoid potential stress later on

Did an AR duty on an ISFA U15s Cup quarter final yesterday afternoon.

As the school has VERY decent facilities, they were able to move the match from their carpet like main pitch (As used by the All Blacks and Man Utd Women amongst others!) to an equally impressive 3G pitch.

Excellent game - 2 very good sides - away win and, as usual, impeccable behaviour from everyone in attendance. Paid in cash in advance of KO (As we always are at this school) as an added bonus.

These are the games we do it for folks! :p

Back