The Ref Stop

Watford vs bournmouth

SM

The avuncular one
Early in the first half, bournmouth attacker "out strengths" defender and runs clear into the box. Defender makes a rash challenge from behind trying to make amends and brings down the attacker.

Two points.

Is it a fair shoulder charge on the defender? I am not convinced that it wasn't a foul. Attacker seemed to push the defender with his arm. Commentators liked it?

Secondly. Why was it not DOGSO for the defenders challenge, right in front of goal with the striker set to pull the trigger. There is a Watford player back, but not in any position to make a challenge, only to try and block a shot.

Discuss

The Ref Stop
Saw a lot of ranting on Twitter about it. Hoping I stay awake long enough for the football league show

The joys of sky+! Although I think it is repeated on bbc on Sunday. I always intend to stay away and watch it, but it never quite happens!

What did you think of the Watford chance in the second half where the winger was fouled 30ish yards out and the referee produced a yellow card for the offence. From where I was sat the decision looked perfectly good as the attacker was too far out and too wide for it to be DOGSO as there were too many possibilities especially with a more central covering defender. How did it look on the telly and did you think it was correct?

So didn't even see the end of match of the day. Guess what I'm watching now? :D

Won't get a chance to watch it until this evening. Have a game this afternoon which necessitates a long drive.

The joys of refereeing (or assistant refereeing in this case).

Im a Bournemouth fan (note the 'e' Supermonkey;) ) so im not going to comment on it *cough* DOGSO *cough* ;)

Back