A&H

Was that the most beautiful goal that should never have been?

Yampy

RefChat Addict
Come on, you all know which one I’m talking about. Are there any other contenders?

The Referee Store
Danny tiatto at Middlesbrough 00/01

Given for a phantom offside

I'll dig the video out

Some belteers here

Tiatto goal is 3 mins here, awful decision!

Mkhitaryan scorpion kick...
For the life of me can't see how VAR has allowed that.
Reminded me of the greatest decision I have seen live at Hillsborough. Forestieri goal ruled out for a no touch from Hooper in the playoff semi first leg.
Although I am convinced to this day Marriner and Cann used the video to arrive at said correct decision.

Danny tiatto at Middlesbrough 00/01

Given for a phantom offside

I'll dig the video out

Some belteers here

Tiatto goal is 3 mins here, awful decision!
Oh yeah, as you say some right belters but they all failed the criteria. They have to be a beautiful goal that should have been disallowed.

Who knows.
The sheff utd goal Just reminded me another one. Darren Bents goal (for Sunderland) vs Liverpool?? Beach ball Gate.

This isn’t a thread about VAR, it’s a celebration of beautiful goals with a criteria that they should not have been.

This isn’t a thread about VAR, it’s a celebration of beautiful goals with a criteria that they should not have been.
Er... it should not have been - because it was offside and the VAR didn't give it.

Isn't this exactly why we got VAR? To disallow beautiful offside goals, and allow beautiful wrongly-disallowed goals? (A beautiful offside goal won goal of the season a couple of years ago...)

Er... it should not have been - because it was offside and the VAR didn't give it.

Isn't this exactly why we got VAR? To disallow beautiful offside goals, and allow beautiful wrongly-disallowed goals? (A beautiful offside goal won goal of the season a couple of years ago...)
Well nominate the goal instead of whinging about something else that the thread isn’t about.
No wonder I prefer non league football, it has more fun and appreciation of the game itself.

Well nominate the goal instead of whinging about something else that the thread isn’t about.
No wonder I prefer non league football, it has more fun and appreciation of the game itself.
I did, though. Not too weird there's discussion afterwards. Especially on a refereeing forum where those decisions are to be debated

Having thought about it the bent goal wasn't a beautiful goal. Just wrong. Missed the brief on that one.
My next submission.. .
Frank Lampard V Germany.

Back