A&H

WAL v TRK

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Been two penalty shouts so far.

First one I agree is correctly waved away, although the second one I’m not so sure.

There is contact with the ball by the defender, however the extent of the contact with the player beforehand has me slightly uneasy.

VAR has looked and not reccomended a review, which I would say is correct, as it doesn’t meet the C&O threshold for me.

I do generally like this ref, haven’t seen him before but think he’s having a sound game and I like the way he’s handled players until now.

The Referee Store
A third penalty shout, that I expected to be given. Seems to clear the man out through the back.

VAR is looking.

Disclaimer that I may have some welsh tinted glasses, but generally that one looked sure to be given.

I can only assume that Johnson goes down very easily under the contact, and potentially to easily, which may be the reason for it not being given.

Not Welsh, but the referee has not helped himself, not giving Welsh penalty at 1.45 & then giving Turkey penalty at 3.25. Baffling.

Yeah, it did feel like an inconsistency watching it live, and a major frustration from a fans perspective.

Can't really come at VAR in my opinion, the penalty awarded to Turkey isn't a C&O Error, I just can't help feel the one 1t 1.45 should've been given.

Said it real time, and I agree with it now.

Back