A&H

Vitesse match on now...

Eddie

Level 7 Referee
Penalty- saved. Rebound put in. VAR rules encroachment, ref cautions attacker who encroached & subsequently scored. Ref orders re-take...goal!

Is it just me or shouldn’t it have been a caution & IFK to defending team?

The Referee Store
Yes, sounds like that will end up as a replayed game and a refereeing team having an unscheduled early season break. Unless they've ruled that there was also an offence by the keeper or a defender, in which case retake is correct, but then both players should be cautioned.

1565983407934.png

It's just you. :)

An infraction by the kicker would be the IFK. Encroachment is just a retake.

Misread it and made thereby made the same mistake the R did. The goal on the rebound doesn't count as a "goal" for purposes of making it a retake.

Keith Stroud moved to Holland? Not exactly the same mistake, but same difference

Last edited:
So the R, ARs, VAR and AVARs didn't know the Law? The type of question they may have faced in say, a Level 4 promo test. Tell me I'm missing something

Reactions: one
So the R, ARs, VAR and AVARs didn't know the Law? The type of question they may have faced in say, a Level 4 promo test. Tell me I'm missing something

Which is what makes me hope there was also a defending player encroaching and the TV just missed the caution. Would be very worrying if an entire team of top level officials had made such a basic error.

Which is what makes me hope there was also a defending player encroaching and the TV just missed the caution. Would be very worrying if an entire team of top level officials had made such a basic error.
Ok maybe that's the nugget we're missing

Encroachment doesn't require a caution. Dual encroachment would make the retake make sense. (And how often is there encroachment without dual encroachment?)

Referee's just admitted he shouldn't have cautioned anyone. Caution hasn't been reported as I recall. However the encroachment was for teams, so the retake was correct

One may interpret VAR protocol that if the encroachment by defender (or an attacker) did not impact play, it is not considered under VAR . So the retake should have still been an IFK.

Strange how the summary table doesn't include 'both teams offend'... Perhaps the most common scenario

Reactions: one
Back