A&H

violent conduct

ollie Hamill

late flag is a great flag
Level 7 Referee
During one of my games a headbutt occurred however I did not see it happen and did not get a reaction off players and parents. I found out it happened after the game when I asked a few parents if they saw it.
Was just wondering what should I of done. Any help and advice would be appreciated

A&H International
You should have seen it!

Well, that's not always realistic here in the real world. You can't do much about something you can't see. Life happens.

Nothing you can do. Even if you have a smoking gun such as one player with blood pouring from his nose and an opponent looking very guilty you would still be guessing.

During one of my games a headbutt occurred however I did not see it happen and did not get a reaction off players and parents. I found out it happened after the game when I asked a few parents if they saw it.
Was just wondering what should I of done. Any help and advice would be appreciated
Approach with caution. If you start asking people about what they’ve seen you are inviting trouble. I understand you have sincere motives and you may know the parents. But it can only end badly for you: maybe nothing comes of it but more likely you will get accused of missing something or there will be a more severe reaction, probably behind your back.

Also, as with footballers, can you really trust what a coach or parent tells you? With the best will in the world, you really can’t.

You can’t sanction what you haven’t seen. With reports there may be exceptions- like accusations of abusive behavior - but that will vary and you should ask your RDO, mentor or similar.

Sorry, I didn’t see it
You know we try to see everything

Similar happened to me last year. Turned around and saw goalkeeper on ground and opposition player standing over him.
I didn't see what happened so explained to both players that because I couldn't see it there was nothing I could do.
Keeper not happy and ended up getting booked for dissent.
Keepers bench and supporters really not happy.

Approach with caution. If you start asking people about what they’ve seen you are inviting trouble. I understand you have sincere motives and you may know the parents. But it can only end badly for you: maybe nothing comes of it but more likely you will get accused of missing something or there will be a more severe reaction, probably behind your back.

Also, as with footballers, can you really trust what a coach or parent tells you? With the best will in the world, you really can’t.

You can’t sanction what you haven’t seen. With reports there may be exceptions- like accusations of abusive behavior - but that will vary and you should ask your RDO, mentor or similar.

Sorry, I didn’t see it
You know we try to see everything
Top post Santa! 👍

Back