A&H

Villa V Palace

Paul_10

Im wondering what people thought of VAR involvement in the non Palace penelty and Mings red card.

For the first incident, according to the commentators the VAR was questioning whether the villa defender touched the ball but then seemed to question whether contact was made on the defender, took quite a while it must be said and Taylor should of been sent to the monitor sooner than he was but I think Taylor was right not to overrule himself although I'm confused why give a goal kick if the defender got a nick on the ball?

As for Mings sending off then his second yellow was definately a yellow but his first I thought was harsh, Zaha reacted because he thought Mings stamped but there did not seem to be any contact and Mings did not react when Zaha was trying to get at him. Looked like just before the altercation there was words said so clearly some needle there and it spilt over.

The Referee Store
Well done Mr Taylor - any contact was surely minimal and as we've said before how on earth could a non penalty shout in this instance be called a possible 'Clear and Obvious error'

It matters not to some on here, but 3 minutes to stick with the referee's perfectly correct decision?????

Just saw this one. I'll post what I posted in a different forum.

1) It wasn't a foul in the first place.
2) If it takes 90 seconds to convince the center that the VAR thinks it's a clear and obvious error, it's not a clear and obvious error.
3) Taylor was 100% right to stick with his original call for both of the reasons listed above.

I really have no idea what Craig Pawson was thinking to recommend Taylor go to the monitor. The first replay I saw on the NBC broadcast in the United States confirmed that Taylor got the call right.

Back