A&H

Video review harsh but fair

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Had my second ever video review last night.

Prep not helped by one late AR. Overall was super happy with mgmt, control, movement, overall, yes. Got a bit jaded 2nd half with a few slow signals. One moment of confusion where my late AR gave a lame DFK where is expecting a throw but we sold it. Great response from the players. Problem players handled well just about.

But video is brutal. AR2 is getting on a bit but solid. But video revealed he got 3 of 5 offside calls wrong. They were tight with good movement. Brutal.

For me I missed one hand to the face. I was 4m away from behind. Real time looked incidental. Video, clearly hand as a tool YC. And with 10 to go my assessor quite rightly wanted a delay if game YC. The player kicked thd ball away a split second after the whistle was my mitigation but video showed the kick wasn’t a pass or shot but clearly to waste time.

One other little gamble went wrong. Little off the ball niggle 30 yards from goal. I hedged in midfield to keep half an eye on them as a long punt went the other end and it left me too far as it quickly went one on one. Learning there was it was too great a risk and I should have given eg def DFK for the handbags though I didn’t see the instigator.

The good news is I’ve improved loads and I don’t mind the missed yellows that will cost me marks. It’s the couple of untidy moments that irk!

Next focus area is definitely the 10-20 mins or so after half time in intense attritional games where I overthink a bit about the heat of the match, maybe second guess myself a few times before settling down.

The Referee Store
Is this video review like a TV Camera thing with all the angles or just the one lad filming you?

Is this video review like a TV Camera thing with all the angles or just the one lad filming you?
Unfortunately not the best camera lad but filmed from high up with all KMIs and comments studied at length in a classroom session with peers;)

Back