RefSix

Vets games for promotion.

MKAhmad

Active Member
#1
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if Vets games can be counted in the 20 games for 7-6 promotion? I am a tad short on games due to the recent month on postponements so I though I would be proactive and turn to Vets games on Sunday mornings. Also if they are suitable should I still send in the match notification forms to my referee coordinator in the hope of observations?
thanks in advance
 

es1

RefChat Addict
#2
i think they do, but you're best speaking with your RDO to make sure it's not just a regional thing with some FAs allowing them and some not
 

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
#3
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if Vets games can be counted in the 20 games for 7-6 promotion? I am a tad short on games due to the recent month on postponements so I though I would be proactive and turn to Vets games on Sunday mornings. Also if they are suitable should I still send in the match notification forms to my referee coordinator in the hope of observations?
thanks in advance
I don't see why not. The person to check with is your Promotion Coordinator. Sometimes the standard of football can be better in Vets games (over Sunday League that is) because decent players are the ones who tend to prolong their participation
 

RefJef

RefChat Addict
#4
I asked this of my RDO almost a year ago before embarking on my promotion year as I was concerned that I would be able to get enough qualifying games in.

He confirmed that they would count towards my 20 games. (As it happens, I’ve done way more than 20:qualifying games without using the few vets games I’ve done.)

And don’t forget, this year the promotion year goes on till April (or possibly even May?) as they align the promotion year with the Football year. So for the current promotion season only, it’s longer than 12 months.
 

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
#6
And don’t forget, this year the promotion year goes on till April (or possibly even May?) as they align the promotion year with the Football year. So for the current promotion season only, it’s longer than 12 months.
No, there will be strict cut off at the end of April 2020. No matches after that date can be counted towards your number of games or for observations. This is because all grassroots football should finish by that date (even though we know it doesn't).
 

RefJef

RefChat Addict
#7
No, there will be strict cut off at the end of April 2020. No matches after that date can be counted towards your number of games or for observations. This is because all grassroots football should finish by that date (even though we know it doesn't).
Ok, but you still get two extra months - March and April, so the current promotion season is 14 months, not 12.
 

RustyRef

Administrator
Staff member
#8
70% of your 20 games have to be open age, and as vets football isn't open age the game are OK but they have to come out of the other 30% allocation.
 
Top