A&H

VAR

jofusref

RefChat Addict
var mr attwell clearly having a coffee break instead of watching the game Allison blocked at the goal, and nothing on the assault on henderson

The Referee Store
Can't see what's wrong with the goal. Looks like he's flapped at it. I think the WHU player is entitled to go for that. Had the keeper caught it and then spilled it, I might argue the other way.

No issues with the goal. Think Allison just has to be stronger!

The Cresswell challenge should be a red. Don’t think for a second that it’s deliberate, but he’s completely out of control. Not sure what Stuart Attwell was looking at!

Nothing wrong with the goal, just poor keeping.

Not sure how many have seen it, but the Cresswell challenge was very similar to the one Mason Holgate was sent off for earlier. More force in the Holgate one, but other than that an almost identical action in tacking then following through.

cmon guys Allison was surrounded by west ham players, has no chance of even getting in the same postcode as the balll watch it again at halftime

var mr attwell clearly having a coffee break instead of watching the game Allison blocked at the goal, and nothing on the assault on henderson
Sounds like a fan post if I’m honest. That’s never a foul on Allison. He’s jumped and missed the punch. If you look, any contact from Ogbanna is actually initiated by Jota nudging him into Allison.

Looking at the play as a neutral, it’s not a West Ham foul. The WH attacker’s have a right to the ball, and they weren’t careless. This is the type of play where if you call a foul coming out, you will rightfully hear claims of protecting keepers too much.

agree cresswell was lucky not to walk but what game were you watching in the fourth minute. And what happened with ogbonna not seen that yet

While on the subject of VAR.

The Everton game today, the penalty incident which the referee gave at the time.

I can see both sides, penalty and none penalty and i imagine opinion will be split on it but what i dont get is why has Jon Moss in the VAR got involved, the var is there for clear and obvious errors and thats not a clear and obvious error, its Jon Moss opinion.

While on the subject of VAR.

The Everton game today, the penalty incident which the referee gave at the time.

I can see both sides, penalty and none penalty and i imagine opinion will be split on it but what i dont get is why has Jon Moss in the VAR got involved, the var is there for clear and obvious errors and thats not a clear and obvious error, its Jon Moss opinion.
I can see where you're coming from, but I'd argue that at the professional level the goalkeeper getting any touch on the ball before making contact with the player is universally accepted as clearly not a foul.

Edit: To be clear I'm referring to situations where the ball is on the ground and the keeper goes to ground and not situations where the keeper punches or cleans out an opponent on an ball in the air.

Last edited:
No foul on Alisson for me, but Cresswell is a lucky boy (as is whoever it was he clattered).

On the Cresswell challenge, he’s unfortunate that his foot bounces up off the ball and this makes him catch Henderson so high.

But credit to Henderson too for getting up so quickly too.

On that basis, I’m comfortable with the call on the day. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying “He got the ball so it’s ok”, it’s that the ball itself has caused the issue. There’s enough to make it subjective rather than a clear cut error.

On the Cresswell challenge, he’s unfortunate that his foot bounces up off the ball and this makes him catch Henderson so high.

But credit to Henderson too for getting up so quickly too.

On that basis, I’m comfortable with the call on the day. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying “He got the ball so it’s ok”, it’s that the ball itself has caused the issue. There’s enough to make it subjective rather than a clear cut error.
Different clip? Hendo stayed down.
I think it was a red. But I do actually buy the “not enough force” excuse from the presser.

As a slight aside, the Cresswell incident has brought one of my pet peeves back into play. Jamie Redknapp was insistent that it was a red because Cresswell was "reckless", something which Klopp then said in his post match presser. Obviously I don't expect the average fan to use the right terminology, but Redknapp in particular should know better. These pundits are paid a fortune yet lack even the most basic knowledge of the LotG!

As a slight aside, the Cresswell incident has brought one of my pet peeves back into play. Jamie Redknapp was insistent that it was a red because Cresswell was "reckless", something which Klopp then said in his post match presser. Obviously I don't expect the average fan to use the right terminology, but Redknapp in particular should know better. These pundits are paid a fortune yet lack even the most basic knowledge of the LotG!
Think someone types this exact paragraph every week.

Different clip? Hendo stayed down.
I think it was a red. But I do actually buy the “not enough force” excuse from the presser.
Agreed. Hendo was down for the duration of the VAR check, we knew Cresswell wasn't being sent off before the player he fouled was up and ready to continue. I remember noticing this because they were discussing it at half tiem and the idea that the player was up quickly was used as part of the defense then too.

Back