A&H

VAR

The difference being I am aware of UEFA's instructions re this and, you are not.
So, in order for you to have them confirmed by someone other than an internet random, and overall, to ensure you are officiating in the manner expected, or at least, is uniform, its you that could do with the extra guidance and advice, from the very top level, so, you are in no doubt as to its rectitude.
But Graeme (not yet anyway GS) is not officiating UEFA matches where he has use of VAR so learning these "communication techniques" is unlikely to help him in his games. He is allowed his opinion on how it looks, as are you, and of course you are able to fill us in with the knowledge from upon high but do you both really need to bicker over this?

The Referee Store
This is from VAR protocol. See the bold bit by IFAB and highlighted bit by me.

1550584037464.png

Although I don't see any direction on how to signal it and make it clear.

The difference being I am aware of UEFA's instructions re this and, you are not.
So, in order for you to have them confirmed by someone other than an internet random, and overall, to ensure you are officiating in the manner expected, or at least, is uniform, its you that could do with the extra guidance and advice, from the very top level, so, you are in no doubt as to its rectitude.
If "that's how UEFA say it should be done" is your only argument, you're basically making my point. I don't know the UEFA system, I don't know anything about trials that came to this conclusion, I only know what I see in the clip in the OP. And in that clip, in my opinion, as a glorified spectator in this case, this looks messy and confusing. I never actually said any more than that, so I don't know why I keep being referred to Zurich?

If "that's how UEFA say it should be done" is your only argument, you're basically making my point. I don't know the UEFA system, I don't know anything about trials that came to this conclusion, I only know what I see in the clip in the OP. And in that clip, in my opinion, as a glorified spectator in this case, this looks messy and confusing. I never actually said any more than that, so I don't know why I keep being referred to Zurich?

Am advising you that if you email Dave, he will tell you the uefa system
And that way, there is no disputing their preferred way of communicating this

I dont think football knowledge is needed to devise the obvious way to do it...
Its perfect in the clip.
Would be very interested to know what your real opinion would be if I hadn't already posted? "UEFA is always right" brown nosing isn't particularly in character for you

Would be very interested to know what your real opinion would be if I hadn't already posted? "UEFA is always right" brown nosing isn't particularly in character for you

No opinion needed, I have been involved in a top flight game live on tv where the referee brought the player back in,and made it clear he was invalidating the red that he had just shown.
It aroused attention in the press the next day and indeed, the national association used to do a tutorial on the website explaining the weekends seemingly controversial incidents.
This was one, and it was explained in nursery school terms how to best communicate said situation

Nobody saying UEFA is always right, am merely stating there is precedent for how to deal with said situation.

Pretty sure my hamster could see whats happening in the clip and digest it. Its really that easy.

can I ask what you think should happen should you say, yellow card Blue 4 at half time, (in a ground avec tunnel/changing rooms, i.e the image of a typical league ground, not council park 9 with jackets for goals).....

Back