A&H

Utd PSG card fest

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Ref is very quick with the cards here - in more ways than one.

I thought the first DFK was more SPA than the SPA card he gave.

Young was totally stitched up by Mbappe diving for his card. But got his own back on Di Maria - anyone think he maybe wasn't so popular at OT?!
...and not giving the foul on Shaw - ouch!

But AR1... OMG... two flags with the wrong hand, also gave a dive foul against Lindgard.
And AR2 with a non-flag on Mbappe for for the VAR early on and a stupendously late flag for the other one on one.

Reactions: JH
The Referee Store
Pog off.

Not a surprise. Though Alves makes a right three course dinner out of it.
The 3 early cards at the start of the game have put the ref in a deep hole.

And Shaw off for next to nothing on squealing Alves... was Shaw's first soft?

Pogba deserved a straight red but PSG should have been down to 10 early in the 2nd half and the scorer of the first goal shouldn't have been on the pitch.
Oh well doubt it'd made much difference the way Man Utd played

Far too many unnecessary cards, could've ended 9v9! Kimpembe was lucky not to get a second caution imo

Pogba deserved a straight red but PSG should have been down to 10 early in the 2nd half and the scorer of the first goal shouldn't have been on the pitch.
Oh well doubt it'd made much difference the way Man Utd played
Pobga red for the lazy attempt to shield from Alves?

Reactions: JH
On Young shoving Di Maria into the stands:
Isn't that the very definition of reckless? Acting with disregard to Di Maria's safety?
I thought he was very lucky not to have seen a second caution there.

On Young shoving Di Maria into the stands:
Isn't that the very definition of reckless? Acting with disregard to Di Maria's safety?
I thought he was very lucky not to have seen a second caution there.

I don't think Young can be punished for Man Utd's stupid raised pitch.
It's a foul and nothing more for me. he slightly pushed him but the player's own momentum sent him off the pitch

I don't think Young can be punished for Man Utd's stupid raised pitch.
It's a foul and nothing more for me. he slightly pushed him but the player's own momentum sent him off the pitch
Whilst I appreciate that, what's to stop a nasty player shoving someone into something dangerous off the pitch and then getting away with it because he didn't put it there? Surely the player needs to consider his opponent's well being.

1550016638767.png

This is a straight red tackle. Now still images can be misleading and make it look worse. It looks like the motion of Pogba's leg is continues forward into Alves's leg. While there is some forward motion at that moment, it is mostly downward motion. That for me doesn't change it and still an excessive force tackle. It could change the suspension length though.

Whilst I appreciate that, what's to stop a nasty player shoving someone into something dangerous off the pitch and then getting away with it because he didn't put it there? Surely the player needs to consider his opponent's well being.
It was a shoulder for me not a shove. I thought the ref handled it OK. The handbags were half hearted, though it is very tempting to book any GK that comes across the field to join. The ref clearly communicated his decision and told Young to go and apologise. I thought it was about right.

View attachment 3070

This is a straight red tackle. Now still images can be misleading and make it look worse. It looks like the motion of Pogba's leg is continues forward into Alves's leg. While there is some forward motion at that moment, it is mostly downward motion. That for me doesn't change it and still an excessive force tackle. It could change the suspension length though.
That’s damning. Ref had a good view. Better than the live TV I saw I think. Yellow or red understandable here.

Reactions: one
I was only watching the game in the background but one incident i semi noticed in second half but not 100% sure what happened.

PSG goal kick and they play a short one to right centre back who is roughly ten yards from his own goal but outside the box wide, the ball left the penalty area but the referee ordered a re-take.

Now i think a United player possibly Sanchez or Mata ran across the inside of the penalty area and wondered if that was what the referee blew for.

I was only watching the game in the background but one incident i semi noticed in second half but not 100% sure what happened.

PSG goal kick and they play a short one to right centre back who is roughly ten yards from his own goal but outside the box wide, the ball left the penalty area but the referee ordered a re-take.

Now i think a United player possibly Sanchez or Mata ran across the inside of the penalty area and wondered if that was what the referee blew for.

It was Sanchez and that's exactly what the ref blew for!

Back