AR1: Taleb Al-Marri (QAT)
AR2: Saoud Almaqaleh (QAT)
Fourth Official: Ma Ning (CHN)
Fifth Official: Cao Yi (CHN)
VAR: Abdullah Al-Marri (QAT)
AVAR (1): Rédouane Jiyed (MAR)
Offside AVAR (2): Mokrane Gourari (ALG)
Support AVAR (3): Adil Zourak (MAR)
Stand-by Offside AVAR (4): Elvis Noupue (CMR)

The Referee Store
I have to admit that as an American, this assignment really worries me. The US has not had good experiences with referees from AFC and CAF in the past.

This game should be a highly competitive affair. Both teams know that a result is almost imperative to their chances to advance. I'm extremely surprised we didn't see one of the South American referees or someone like Chris Beath who has previous World Cup and Olympics experience.

I have to admit that as an American, this assignment really worries me. The US has not had good experiences with referees from AFC and CAF in the past.

This game should be a highly competitive affair. Both teams know that a result is almost imperative to their chances to advance. I'm extremely surprised we didn't see one of the South American referees or someone like Chris Beath who has previous World Cup and Olympics experience.
I’m a Welsh fan, and haven’t seen these names come up at all in the past, so not got any expectations (added on to our 64 year world cup absence), but the game will be competitive, and well fought

Not a clever challenge by McKennie. Seems to slip, but still both feet in a scissor motion and from behind. Picked up a caution but suspect red would not have been overturned.

Not a clever challenge by McKennie. Seems to slip, but still both feet in a scissor motion and from behind. Picked up a caution but suspect red would not have been overturned.
McKennie is our livewire/red mist merchant. This is not an uncommon occurrence for him.

Wasn't the cleverest of challenges, less severe challenges have seen red in previous World Cups.

Mepham lucky to get away with just a talking to for the cheap late barge!

Did the ref put his head into the Wales player's head? When he stopped play for the US player, I was half watching.

Did the ref put his head into the Wales player's head? When he stopped play for the US player, I was half watching.
Don’t think so. Looked like he just held his ground tbh. He looks like it’s part of his mannerism looking at an angle.

Think he is having a good game from what I’ve seen on and off.

Penalty looked correct too.

Don’t think so. Looked like he just held his ground tbh.

Think he is having a good game from what I’ve seen on and off.

Penalty looked correct too.
Cheers, don't have sky and can't rewind tv.

He does seem to have been consistent with his decisions.

Another load of stoppage time, will this be the norm for the tournament? Excluding Qatars games.

I did, he's in the act of shooting, the keeper is out of the box, skill level is high and imo he gets that on target easily. That's a clear goal scoring opportunity for me.

I did, he's in the act of shooting, the keeper is out of the box, skill level is high and imo he gets that on target easily. That's a clear goal scoring opportunity for me.
I was thinking that too.

Cheers, don't have sky and can't rewind tv.

He does seem to have been consistent with his decisions.

Another load of stoppage time, will this be the norm for the tournament? Excluding Qatars games.
Hope so - think it is actually accurate.

Several WTF moments in this.

AR1 standing 3m in for a corner.

Ref stops play for an injury and dropped ball 79 mins doesn’t make the player leave the field.

Ref back to play totally misses Wilson’s obvious yellow card hack 89 mins.

Centre circle DOGSO goal unguarded 100 mins anyone? What if it’s 15m closer to goal?

Overall the ref made these little interferences far too often so then he wasn’t impactful when needed. The US players didn’t trust him after 5 mins. At least no VAR and the pen was easy.

I don’t know about easily… with the considerations, there are problems with distance and defenders.

8m closer to goal then the ref can’t sell the yellow… 15m closer and it’s nailed on red. It was on his left, but obvious hmm

Several WTF moments in this.

AR1 standing 3m in for a corner.

Ref stops play for an injury and dropped ball 79 mins doesn’t make the player leave the field.

Ref back to play totally misses Wilson’s obvious yellow card hack 89 mins.

Centre circle DOGSO goal unguarded 100 mins anyone? What if it’s 15m closer to goal?

Overall the ref made these little interferences far too often so then he wasn’t impactful when needed. The US players didn’t trust him after 5 mins. At least no VAR and the pen was easy.
I believe that the 100th minute one was edging on DOGSO, but ultimately, the red card or not wouldn't have affected that game, only future ones (not saying that it couldn't have been given of course).

Couple of injury moments that got fiddle, and was very surprised that Wilson didn't go into the book, and both sides had players going down that did lead to it becoming very slow at times.

Overall, the officiating felt a little weak, but the penalty was nailed on and correct.

Did anyone think bale was unlucky to get booked?

I don’t know about easily… with the considerations, there are problems with distance and defenders.

8m closer to goal then the ref can’t sell the yellow… 15m closer and it’s nailed on red. It was on his left, but obvious hmm

I think a player of bales quality scores from there. I don't think any defender/keeper stops him

I believe that the 100th minute one was edging on DOGSO, but ultimately, the red card or not wouldn't have affected that game, only future ones (not saying that it couldn't have been given of course).

Couple of injury moments that got fiddle, and was very surprised that Wilson didn't go into the book, and both sides had players going down that did lead to it becoming very slow at times.

Overall, the officiating felt a little weak, but the penalty was nailed on and correct.

Did anyone think bale was unlucky to get booked?
Yes, the Bale booking was poor. He went over the ball but he got the ball easily and the contact was not heavy. I’d have been happy to play on… careless if you like, but reckless hmm?

I think a player of bales quality scores from there. I don't think any defender/keeper stops him
I think he had a good chance, whether it was obvious, I'm leaning just towards yes. Then again, trying to remove all my Welsh fan bias

Reactions: es1
Yes, the Bale booking was poor. He went over the ball but he got the ball easily and the contact was not heavy. I’d have been happy to play on… careless if you like, but reckless hmm?
My thoughts, looked like he barely got the player, or had any foul contact. Was harsh to give as a DFK, and I was shocked when the yellow came out

Back