A&H

Updated guidence for Premier League Refs?

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
Do we think that the new (?) approach to dealing with dissent and unsporting behaviour with alter the players attitude in the Premier League in the slightest?

It's it what the FA has been wanting us to do at local level for years. Perhaps the EPL will enforce the RESPECT campaign?

Will the EPL referees do one of the stars....:redcard::flip: ?

The Referee Store
I think it depends on whether the referees have been told there will be consequences for failing to deal with it - e.g poor assessments, removal from games, suspension or even ultimately removal from the list. If that is the case then as I see it they will have no option but to deal with it.

If they have just been asked to deal with it then I suspect there will be a game of cat and mouse where referees are watching each other to see how they deal with it. And more importantly what happens to the first referee to send one or more players off - will he be publicly backed by PGMOL and the FA or will he end up getting thrown to the wolves and effectively damned by silence from the authorities?

Will certainly be interesting to see how it goes.

Two Preseason games - both have mentioned the NEW laws around abusing referees! :D

Says a lot

Back