A&H

Umbro to Nike kit change?

ChazSizeland

Level 8 Referee
Umbro was bought out by Nike a couple of years ago and it's been widely reported that the next England kit will be made by Nike. Does anyone think that the referee's kits will also go over to Nike?

The Referee Store
I wouldn't think that the PGMOL kit would change simply because the England national kit would change, however in the long run, if Nike do decide to get rid of Umbro altogether, then this may well be the case. Then again, the PGMOL may find a different supplier.

The FA have signed and agreed a deal for the National kits to be made by Nike (think end of this season).

It's widely reported/rumoured that referee's kits will follow this summer too. (PGMOL currently have a 2 year deal with Umbro/Nike, of which we are only 6 months into).

Nike sold Umbro last year as it was making too much of a loss. That leaves three possible options:

- Move to Nike in keeping with National kit
- Retain Umbro.
-Third party takes over.

From what I've heard the kits next season will be Nike. And will have a shirt with a zipped pocket at an angle

Nike own Umbro and haven't sold it. Michael Owen tweeted a few weeks back about being told he had to start wearing Nike boots as they own Umbro.

From Michael Owen's Twitter.

“@themichaelowen: All good things come to an end! After 17 years wearing Umbro it's been decided by Nike (who own Umbro) that I'm to wear their boots now.”

The purple shirt would look pretty cool with the black shorts and socks I reckon. Or with black sorts and purple socks.

I would happily wear any of them, although not sure on the back shorts pocket... Still, looks better than the Umbro Diamond and the recent Adidas kits... :eek:

Back