A&H

Ukrainian referee hands out harshest red card

The Referee Store
Correct in law. You would get panned by an assessor if a player did that on a Saturday and you did nothing so fair play to him.

As said, correct in law but still harsh!

im sure players do this during internationals and premier league a lot and isn't it excessive celebrations not removal of shirt(just checking not sure if its true).
also typical sun editors cant even pick up on simple mistakes: Ramos said: "Samuel was already on a yellow card and we know if you take your shirt off on the filed you'll be shown a yellow card.

I can't believe people are defending this decision. While it may have been correct in letter of the law, it is so horribly against the spirit.

Wouldn't say I was defending it Ryan. I'd be interested to know what the assessor thought of it though.

As would I! The rule is in place to stop players from engaging in unsporting celebrations. This was clearly not an unsporting celebration and, as a result, he should NEVER have been booked for that.

folks, im sure someone will find time to go to law books but are you all sure its correct in law? i think its only if your celebrating a goal the removal of the shirt becomes unsporting?

Back