A&H

U18 vs OA Football - Differences?

HarryD

I have my first U18 game tomorrow. I've been doing OA football a lot this season (as well as 3-4 kids ones) so I haven't got a clue what to expect. The only knowledge is playing U18 football last season for a hopeless team who had a dodgy reputation - if its anything like how I experienced it I'm going to be giving out yellows like theres no tomorrow! But I digress...

Anyway, what should I expect and how should I approach it? Like an OA game or cut them a bit of slack because its still youth football?

A&H International
Apply to it as OA, afterall you can play OA at 16. All laws stand, nothing special, only thing I'd expect would be a lot of dissent (due to having a field full of hormonal teenagers).

Did a ladies U18 and even the Captain said the the Left Back wasn't really all that gobby normally, just that it was that time of the month. Still got a YC for it mind.

OA all the way. U18s are often older than the bulk of some open age teams!

And polish your yellow card and auto fill C2 in a caution form for when you get home!

Did this game today - two off for VC and 3 cautioned - 2 for AA and 1 for FT. No dissent surprisingly... apart from the away assistant manager.

Back