A&H

U15 Mass Confrontation

Darren83

I was going to start a thread on this same topic. If you feel there’s a potential safeguarding issue maybe take advice from the leagues discipline officer. Any decisions or sanctions during the game are no excuse for poor conduct if someone disagrees with you.

In my u15 game this morning there was a last kick of the game goal. I blew for time and then it all kicked off with most players scrapping. I was looking for any punches thrown by players which I spotted two so two reds shown. Now coaches from both teams are on ushering their teams off which I felt was ok however some spectators from both sides also came on and some of them had to be separated which was a bit disappointing. All sanctions have been reported and the spectators incident has been followed up also.

How would anyone else have dealt with this incident when you’re out alone? Any input is welcomed ⚽

The Referee Store
I was going to start a thread on this same topic. If you feel there’s a potential safeguarding issue maybe take advice from the leagues discipline officer. Any decisions or sanctions during the game are no excuse for poor conduct if someone disagrees with you.

In my u15 game this morning there was a last kick of the game goal. I blew for time and then it all kicked off with most players scrapping. I was looking for any punches thrown by players which I spotted two so two reds shown. Now coaches from both teams are on ushering their teams off which I felt was ok however some spectators from both sides also came on and some of them had to be separated which was a bit disappointing. All sanctions have been reported and the spectators incident has been followed up also.

How would anyone else have dealt with this incident when you’re out alone? Any input is welcomed ⚽
I would probably make a separate thread, seems like it has its own background and context, and is easier to discuss without the backdrop of the other convo in my opinion :)

Nothing wrong in law - time is time. But remember you are the sole timekeeper and time is only up when you say it is

Meaningful late goals are always going to emotional no matter the level of football. Personally I would be allowing the teams to reset and restart with the kick off (one side will be in a rush to get back thinking they have a chance to equalise, one side will be as slow as they can, knowing there is little to no time left)

This naturally separates the players and gives a bit of time to cool off. You can then blow for full time shortly after with the ball in a safe neutral zone.

Nothing wrong in law - time is time. But remember you are the sole timekeeper and time is only up when you say it is

Meaningful late goals are always going to emotional no matter the level of football. Personally I would be allowing the teams to reset and restart with the kick off (one side will be in a rush to get back thinking they have a chance to equalise, one side will be as slow as they can, knowing there is little to no time left)

This naturally separates the players and gives a bit of time to cool off. You can then blow for full time shortly after with the ball in a safe neutral zone.
Also prevents accusations of bias, and waiting for the other team to score before blowing up time.
If a goal is scored. Always kick off. (Unless penalty kick as this is legally the only time a match can be extended)

Think about this logically. If you blow for full time as a goal goes in you are saying the 90 minutes was up at that very exact second. It's almost impossible for that to happen, so just restart the game and play more time, even if it is only 5 seconds it sells the decision.

Case in question, League 1 play off final last season, Sheffield Wednesday scored right at the end of stoppage time. Tim Robinson restarted play but then blew up after a few seconds.

Back