A&H

U10s game yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point only referred to the VC element, of course age and skill level may be factors but a punch is a punch, whether he’s 6 or 60 he’s walking!

The Referee Store
My thought process here in terms of latitude has always been based on the transition to 11 a side at under 13 level. By this age the players should have a good understanding of what is expected from them and they should have a better understanding of the LOTG. Up to this age you can, in the most part, ignore foul throws for example because if you gave them to the opposition the games would go on for a while longer than they should. As the age progresses my stance has been for the first foul through point out the error but allow them to take it again but in my opinion by under 13 they should know how to take throw ins.
I have seen other referees in situations with red card offences where they have gone up to the manager of the offending team and asked them to substitute the player to avoid the issuing of the card which is not an action I have ever been comfortable with personally.

I don't think any of us really think about the definitions of CREUF when assessing fouls (conceding that i might be wrong about RefChat's book worms). Obviously these words are used when talking to the observer, otherwise our foul recognition is hard-wired and hopefully consistent, according to the temperature of the contest. Generally, I aim for a degree of certainty before blowing whilst not sticking the whistle in my mush when only tempted

The OP referred to VC, there is NO latitude there for me, don't care what age they are.

There may be no latitude for VC but there is latitude for how you present it. I have sent an under 10 player off for DOGSO, but rather than just brandishing the RC I gently walked with him over to his manager and explained that I had no option but to send him off however I was not going to upset him further by showing the card. Manager extremely thankful and applause from the parents nearby.

There may be no latitude for VC but there is latitude for how you present it. I have sent an under 10 player off for DOGSO, but rather than just brandishing the RC I gently walked with him over to his manager and explained that I had no option but to send him off however I was not going to upset him further by showing the card. Manager extremely thankful and applause from the parents nearby.
I managed to dismiss an U12 (offinabus, no kidding), despite only doing a handful of games below U14
Again, I walked the kid over to the manager before doing so and explained it was part of the lad's development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back