A&H

Trouble in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, choices made 100+ years ago. The behaviour in football is nothing new, it was happening in the 70s so 50 years ago. Not saying that football shouldn’t try to improve things, rather it is decades behind rugby. You can’t change decades of behaviour overnight.
Yes. And?

The Referee Store
On this topic:

Player SinBinned yesterday (Herbst). Off for 7 of 10min before the 4th/AR (touch judge) allowed him back on.

Some unhappy bunnies this easter

Your point / question is what exactly?
I never claimed the behaviour in football was anything new. I've never claimed you can change it overnight.

Nothing you wrote has anything really to do with the post you replied to - it's just a bunch of unconnected statements that has a veneer of looking like it disagrees with me.

I never claimed the behaviour in football was anything new. I've never claimed you can change it overnight.

Nothing you wrote has anything really to do with the post you replied to - it's just a bunch of unconnected statements that has a veneer of looking like it disagrees with me.
You said that football had made a choice and that it can be changed. I pointed out that change takes time, so what I said was entirely related to the post I replied to.

The above (whether true or not!) is the result of choices made by Rugby's governing bodies, and the spirit and approach to football is the result of choice made in that sport. Different choices have every chance of changing that, if the right decisions can be made and committed to.

You would argue it was black if I said it was white, so I really can't be bothered arguing any further.

You said that football had made a choice and that it can be changed. I pointed out that change takes time, so what I said was entirely related to the post I replied to.

The above (whether true or not!) is the result of choices made by Rugby's governing bodies, and the spirit and approach to football is the result of choice made in that sport. Different choices have every chance of changing that, if the right decisions can be made and committed to.

You would argue it was black if I said it was white, so I really can't be bothered arguing any further.
And again, none of which is in any way a reason we shouldn't do it or in any way explains why anything I've said is wrong. It's just being argumentative with no substance.

But sure - swan in, pick a nonsense fight and then jump on your high horse the moment you're called out on your BS. Pretty typical, I don't know why I was expecting any better.

And again, none of which is in any way a reason we shouldn't do it or in any way explains why anything I've said is wrong. It's just being argumentative with no substance.

But sure - swan in, pick a nonsense fight and then jump on your high horse the moment you're called out on your BS. Pretty typical, I don't know why I was expecting any better.
You are tying yourself in knots just to try and prove a point that doesn't exist.

You are tying yourself in knots just to try and prove a point that doesn't exist.
I'm very clear on what my point is. What I don't understand is why you think anything you've said in response in any way adds to the discussion.

Yes change will take time. Pointing out the blindingly obvious isn't telling me anything I don't know. It's just the most bland, obvious and surface level insight you could possibly have come up with - but you've chosen to do so in such an aggressive and dismissive manner. And then as soon as I point out that perhaps that's not the stunning and brilliant insight you think it is, you just immediately start to try and make it look like I'm picking an argument and you're so morally superior that you don't need to engage with it.

Don't want a discussion with me? Fine, no one says you have to. But don't come blazing into a thread that was going along perfectly nicely, quote me and condescendingly act like you're explaining how the world works to a 5 year old and then pretend I'm the one causing trouble.

I'm very clear on what my point is. What I don't understand is why you think anything you've said in response in any way adds to the discussion.

Yes change will take time. Pointing out the blindingly obvious isn't telling me anything I don't know. It's just the most bland, obvious and surface level insight you could possibly have come up with - but you've chosen to do so in such an aggressive and dismissive manner. And then as soon as I point out that perhaps that's not the stunning and brilliant insight you think it is, you just immediately start to try and make it look like I'm picking an argument and you're so morally superior that you don't need to engage with it.

Don't want a discussion with me? Fine, no one says you have to. But don't come blazing into a thread that was going along perfectly nicely, quote me and condescendingly act like you're explaining how the world works to a 5 year old and then pretend I'm the one causing trouble.
I'm not the one being aggressive and dismissive here, and I'm certainly not the only one to have picked up on this fact.

I'm not the one being aggressive and dismissive here, and I'm certainly not the only one to have picked up on this fact.
Oh sure, because people are going to report you to yourself. I can definitely take your word as to the 100% conclusive opinion of this whole forum that you're great and I'm a troublemaker :rolleyes:

Whatever. Let's go back to the start. When you come running in to a thread you hadn't interacted with up until that point to tell me I clearly couldn't possibly have realised that change might take some time, what exactly what the point you were trying to make? If there's a useful addition to the discussion in that post or a suggestion as to what should be done, I don't see it - but I'm trying to be open to being told what I'm missing?

I’m going to say this again.

If any forum user has an issue with any other user, including Mods and Admins there are means and ways of dealing with that.

Resorting to playground style name calling, insinuating nefarious intent and dragging posts off topic with arguments is not tolerated.

This applies to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back