A&H

Triple save and...

So that has basically answered everyone's question.
Even observers would technically turn a blind eye.
I get the reasons why people would give it but as been mentioned numerous times, it is looking for trouble and every other decision will encounter questions and possible ridicule.

The Referee Store
So that has basically answered everyone's question.
Even observers would technically turn a blind eye.
I get the reasons why people would give it but as been mentioned numerous times, it is looking for trouble and every other decision will encounter questions and possible ridicule.

So, obvious question, do you know someone who would give it?

I do;)

Peter, Peter, you font of all retro knowledge, what does football expect in this scenario? Really, I get your point about the circumventing but that not what happened here, now, back to those studies! 🧐 I’ll be asking questions later🙏
Well, as I think I've tried to indicate, I would tend towards not giving this, but more because I'm not sure it clearly meets the criteria for a deliberate trick (I'm not 100% convinced of the player's motive) than because it's, "what football expects." The WFE clause is supposed to be invoked, "where there is no direct provision in the Laws." I think that this is provided for (although admittedly not as clearly as it should be - and once was) so it's just a question of correctly interpreting what the law means.

Well, as I think I've tried to indicate, I would tend towards not giving this, but more because I'm not sure it clearly meets the criteria for a deliberate trick (I'm not 100% convinced of the player's motive) than because it's, "what football expects." The WFE clause is supposed to be invoked, "where there is no direct provision in the Laws." I think that this is provided for (although admittedly not as clearly as it should be - and once was) so it's just a question of correctly interpreting what the law means.
WFE is also for those frequent occasions when the ref has no clue what to give. Works for me all the time ;) quick look around, see which direction everyone is headed, confidently bosh the arm out. Club Marks safely in tact...

WFE is also for those frequent occasions when the ref has no clue what to give. Works for me all the time ;) quick look around, see which direction everyone is headed, confidently bosh the arm out. Club Marks safely in tact...

Or for the time when the ref can't be bothered to learn the laws of the game and makes it up as s/he goes.

Ahhhh... there is the cynical side of me again

Back