A&H

Transferring

Hornsea Ref

Level 4 Referee
Hey guys,
In two years, I will be moving back to the East Riding of Yorkshire but I was wondering if there was the possibility of starting at a higher level rather then Level 10. I have been refereeing for 6 months so far, but, because of my performances, I am currently assistant refereeing at the National Premier League (2nd Division) and the WA State Leagues, (3rd and 4th division). In two years, I will be most likely refereeing at these levels so, obviously, a drop to local games will be a significant plummet for me,

Can anyone shed some light on transferring to the English League System,

Thanks very much,

Aaron

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Hi @Hornsea Ref, don't worry. You should be able to internationally transfer and the FA will place you at the suitable level for your refereeing experience. You will need some form of correspondence from the Australian FA. Do you know where in England you are coming back to geographically? It may then be easiest to direct your query at this end through the relevant RDO for that County and they can liaise as appropriate with the FA.

Hey, I'll most likely be moving back to Yorkshire but nothing is finalised yet,

Thanks for that, Should I contact one of the Ridings FA then to transfer ?

Cheers

Cheers
Hornsea Ref, if you're heading back to Hornsea then you need to speak to Steve Lazenby RDO for East Riding

Cheers
Wahey Yorkshire, Yorkshire. Your just up the road from hull mate, send me a pm and I'll try and answer any questions that you've got about the FA in Hornsea. Steve Lazenby is the man to talk to, his email address is steve.lazenby (at) eastridingfa.com. You'll soon be adding to the population of Hornsea taking it up to a total of 33 people :):)

Last edited:
Hey everybody,

I was wondering if anybody had any knowledge on if a referee from another country can jump directly into one of the higher levels in the English system and not just in Level 10.

I currently referee in the National Premier League in Australia, ( 2nd Tier), but I am moving back to the UK soon. I really don't want to fall from being a Level 2 Australian referee to a Level 10 English referee so, is there anybody out there who can shed some light on this grey area,

Thanks very much
You are too late to join the higher levels of refereeing this season. The referee lists for each league (Supply &above) have been chosen, so probably local level for you to start with.

I suspect at your Australian level you would be level 3 Contrib level in England. Given that you will be in Hull will mean some travelling.

This may not be what you want to hear but I suspect you may experience a similar fate to a colleague in my county. He refereed just below the highest tier in Poland and when he moved to England was classified as a level 5 and put straight in for promotion to 4. I would have thought the same would happen to you, even though it doesnt seem fair!

Back