A&H

Transfer from Scotland to England

micky2001

Just wondering, if I was to move to England, does anyone know how hard it is or the process involved in transferring as a referee from Scotland to England? And with regard to promotion etc, is there any limit to what level I can reach? I heard that in Australia/America if I was to move I couldn't get into the professional game.

The Referee Store
No that's all rubbish! The FA would have a look at your level and transfer you to what they feel the equivalent is in England. I'm sure they are used to this as its only Scotland! For example we had a referee that came over from Poland who was doing their equivalent of conference football (apparently crowds averaging 4,000) and he was measured to be a Level 5 with automatic entrance for promotion to L4! So I guess you would become a 5/6!

No that's all rubbish! The FA would have a look at your level and transfer you to what they feel the equivalent is in England. I'm sure they are used to this as its only Scotland! For example we had a referee that came over from Poland who was doing their equivalent of conference football (apparently crowds averaging 4,000) and he was measured to be a Level 5 with automatic entrance for promotion to L4! So I guess you would become a 5/6!
And what does level 5/6 let you referee in England?

I'm kind of just guessing from your post about the Scottish structure. What do you usually referee at the minute? 5/6 Allows you to referee the higher end of grassroots/park based football with perhaps some games in 'senior' football.

At the moment I can referee anything up to amateur and do the line on what we call Juniors (where the players are any age but are paid).whatbdo you class as senior?

Looked into this a bit more closely trying to understand your system and if I'm correct I think you'd probably be classified as a 6/7 (probably 7) I saw your post about a double promotion and perhaps read more into it that I should of! If I'm correct, going to your 'Level 5' is more of a promotion due to time rather than as a result of a promotion application and assessments. I could be wrong though!! At either of these levels would mean you were refereeing at grassroots as well as being able to run the line in senior football on a 'supply league'. This seems a similar level to what you do in Scotland where the players are likely to be paid but in small amounts. I could be wrong about this and you could be given level 5 status, but I think in England you'd be the equivalent of 6/7. Just out of interest how old are you/ how long have you been refereeing for? (This could possibly have an effect as well)

Back