A&H

Tournament moment ....

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Just finished a U7/U8/U9 tournament Sunday and sat in the admin/referee tent,when a manager came in and said to me "Could you please present tournament medals to my U7 side they would really appreciate them coming from a real referee.....and the look on their faces with the other referees applauding them was really heart warming....This is what refereeing is all about..............

The Referee Store
Just finished a U7/U8/U9 tournament Sunday and sat in the admin/referee tent,when a manager came in and said to me "Could you please present tournament medals to my U7 side they would really appreciate them coming from a real referee.....and the look on their faces with the other referees applauding them was really heart warming....This is what refereeing is all about..............
Haha, moments like this are great. I was doing an U11 tournament at my school and one of the boys asked if I was a "proper referee", the rest were just teachers, so I told him yes and he said, "so do you ref like Barcelona and that..."

I had to say yes! The smile on his face was huge, and I didn't get any moaning all tournament from his team :)

I had something similar at a local under 10's game @HullRef . A lad asked me if I referee "proper teams" (clearly doesn't rank his own team very highly) to which I just replied "Do Leicester and Burton Albion count?" His face was priceless, what I didn't tell him was that it was Leicester and Burton's under 15's!

I had something similar at a local under 10's game @HullRef . A lad asked me if I referee "proper teams" (clearly doesn't rank his own team very highly) to which I just replied "Do Leicester and Burton Albion count?" His face was priceless, what I didn't tell him was that it was Leicester and Burton's under 15's!
I'm suprised he counted Leicester and Burton Albion as proper teams :p

Haha, moments like this are great. I was doing an U11 tournament at my school and one of the boys asked if I was a "proper referee", the rest were just teachers, so I told him yes and he said, "so do you ref like Barcelona and that..."

I had to say yes! The smile on his face was huge, and I didn't get any moaning all tournament from his team :)

last week's referee - pah! :)

I never claimed that Hull city were a proper team but I'm glad we got rid of Mr Charisma (Nigel Pearson), I used to (and sometimes still do) fall asleep during his post match interviews
You shouldn't go round sticking your head in the sand where Nigel Pearson's concerned.

Back