A&H

Tough day.

svenny76

RefChat Addict
2nd middle of the season today (after 7 lines in August) local derby with about 100 watching.
Last season I prided (is that a word!!) myself on match control and sensible approach to the game, only having 4 YC and 1 RC all season.
Today however, 6 YC and 1 RC all mainly for dissent / foul and abbusive!!!
That's despite giving many of them more than one occasion to calm down.
On reflection I think I was spot on with every one of them and perhaps a little lenient !!!
Gotta love proper local derbys!
I must have got them right as had no moans from either teams after the game

The Referee Store
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Each game is its own dictator of destiny. You do what you have to do. and derbies cause players to get nuts. :D

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Each game is its own dictator of destiny. You do what you have to do. and derbies cause players to get nuts. :D
That sounded really philosophical right up until the last sentence. Thought you'd finish with some words of monkey wisdom :(

You only referee what is in front of you....if players want to be dicks, then treat them as such!

Card counts don't mean a lot to me. You can go 5 matches on the bounce with no cards at all then 3 in a row with reds each game. Each game is fresh. I wouldn't worry... If cards are needed use them. If the LOTG were always implemented to the letter there would be seldom a game with no cards

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Exit saddle and have a pint.
Every once in a while you come across a game where the only thing you can do is caution to maintain any semblance of control. Well done for having the balls to see it through once you've started.

Back