A&H

Touchline Power vs. ErvoCom Flags

Fifa

I've red some posts about the new Touchline Power Flags, but has anyone actually used them?

I'm looking for a real life experience...someone who has used both sets of buzzers and can give me an honest opinion and comparison.

Anyone???

(I'm also waiting to hear back from some feedback from PGMO officials. I will post their thoughts when I get them.)

The Referee Store
Only feedback I've heard is for the ervocoms and refscall. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post it here

Hi,

I have used both sets. To be 100% honest I think ervocoms flags are the best they have a bigger handle and the button to press is bigger and easier to use.
I would say the touchline power flags are not worth the amount of money they coast on A&H.
I have a set of refscall what I bought of a retiring referee last year I have to say they are good as your first set of buzzer flags just to get use to them and if you like using them or not.
If you got £400+ I would say go for the ervocoms flags! (But that is my choice out of the two!)

Agree with Nick.

Ervocom are the best, despite what A&H have you believe! As far as I can see, they have exactly the same functions, but different prices. But as Nick says, if you are going for your first set, refscall are the best option.

Out of interest, which PGMO referees did you query?

I've used both as AR this season and much prefer the ErvoCom's.

Refscall aren't bad at all for your first set (I've got them currently).

The thing with Ervo's is any problem, they've got to be sent off overseas whereas the Touchline's are done in UK, meaning quicker and easier to deal with.

Agree with Nick.

Ervocom are the best, despite what A&H have you believe! As far as I can see, they have exactly the same functions, but different prices. But as Nick says, if you are going for your first set, refscall are the best option.

Out of interest, which PGMO referees did you query?

I spoke with Richard Melinn from Somerset FA who in turn spoke with some of the people he knows. He said that they couldn't give any feedback on the ErvoCom set as no one has used them, which I find highly suspect as I have seen them in use in the EPL. In any case...it seems as though my initial feelings were correct in that the ErvoCom set is better. I'm still unsure though as to which set to purchase! I just got word from a Touchline rep that they have improved their receiver and it now has the option of beep and vibrate, beep only, and vibrate only. This was a huge selling point for me and if they didn't include that feature, I wouldn't even consider purchasing them. But, now that they have added the feature, I'm back to square one.

Since you boys have used both sets, I'm curious to know how much smaller in length the flag sticks are on the Touchline, compared with the ErvoComs. They look a lot smaller and I'm curious to know if they feel any different? Thoughts?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions...I just want to make the most informed choice possible.

Thanks for all your help boys! Hope your season is going well.
My season is just about to start here in Canada...fitness test this weekend and the real fun begins!

Cheers!

In terms of length of flag sticks, I don't think there's that much difference. But for comfort in hand, ErvoCom wins, no comparison.

The TouchLine's have a unique feature that, as far as I know, none of the others do.
You can set each flag to have a different feature, including a different vibrate or beep.
EG, if you only want vibrate, you can set each flag to have a different style of vibrate, so you know which is which.

Back