A&H

Touchline flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidkenn17

Level 5 Referee
Hi, does anyone have any touchline flags for sale or know where you can just buy the sticks from? Mine have reached the end of their life and need replacing, however, I have perfectly good new flags so don't need the whole set up.

The Referee Store
Looking for touch line ones unfortunately, the brand. Want a better set for appointed assistants
I’m on the hunt too seems to be as soon as they go on Facebook or ebay they go. Spoke to A&H and they are having problems with their manufacturers and don’t have a date yet.

Hi, does anyone have any touchline flags for sale or know where you can just buy the sticks from? Mine have reached the end of their life and need replacing, however, I have perfectly good new flags so don't need the whole set up.
I have a question why is 1 flag full yellow and the other chequered. Also where are good flags for academy games?

I have a question why is 1 flag full yellow and the other chequered. Also where are good flags for academy games?
Because it used to be that the senior AR would have the chequered flag and the junior AR the plain one. Clubs used to publish this in the programs so that people could identify the AR, but they haven't done this in the past 10 years or so. Just the same as they no longer publish the match officials' home city. It never really worked anyway as some referees would make the junior AR senior, for example if the supposed senior AR had experienced problems with one of the benches in previous games.

You'll still see this even with the sets of quartered flags though - typically one will have an orange edge along the flag pole and the other will have a yellow edge. You'll often see referees go out of their way to give the flag with more orange to the Senior AR - and once when working as Junior, the referee gave us the "wrong" flags and the Senior AR just held his out to me assuming we were going to swap back so he could have the more-orange one.

This can actually have a material effect when working with buzzer flags too. Sets of buzzer flags often have a different buzz pattern associated with each flag, and referees will get used to a certain pattern meaning they need to look bench-side and a different pattern meaning they need to look to the Junior AR. So having slightly different flags on each pole is an easy way of knowing which buzz pattern you're handing to which assistant without having to all sit there pushing buzzer buttons in turn to work it out.

First post and a first year official so hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread.

Like others I'm after a better quality set of touchline flags. Have a couple of cheaper pairs currently but looking for ones with the plastic or rubber handles and better flag material. Where is the best place / brand to look for?

Thanks

"Touchline" is a brand of flag that is generally considered to be the best ones out there, at least below the level where you need buzzer/comm flags. As @Luke1990 suggest, A&H seem to be the official source in the UK but they don't seem to have any at the moment - best bet is probably just to check in here https://referee-equipment.co.uk/product-category/flags/touchline-flags/ every so often and/or sign up for email notifications.

"Touchline" is a brand of flag that is generally considered to be the best ones out there, at least below the level where you need buzzer/comm flags. As @Luke1990 suggest, A&H seem to be the official source in the UK but they don't seem to have any at the moment - best bet is probably just to check in here https://referee-equipment.co.uk/product-category/flags/touchline-flags/ every so often and/or sign up for email notifications.
Pretty sure it is more than that, they are the manufacturers as opposed to just a UK reseller or official source. Touchline Flags is even registered at Companies House with the same directors as A&H, and of course one of those is very sadly no longer with us.

Hi David, Have you been able to get yourself a new set of flags. We are making our own and provide sticks only (£20 per set + postage) see attached photo. More details of our other products are on our website.

FLAG STICKS 2.jpg

Cheers Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back