A&H

Tottenham vs Man City

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Lloris sliding challenge, penalty awarded to Man City, replays suggest contact was outside the penalty area.

As I type, Ben Davies has got away with a shocking studs up challenge...

The Referee Store
Spurs fan so I’ll be careful.

No pen outside the penalty area when the foul occurred.

Davies should be off. Could be white tinted glasses but Jon Moss appears to be having a Weston.

For the pen it seemed like the AR had got well ahead of play and Moss had to guess.
He could have also thought there was more contact with the trailing leg/body inside the box. It was only on replay I could see that the only contact was the first foot.

Lloris challenge wasn’t much better than Ben Davies it was studs up Aswell, interesting though that Moss has the best seat in the house with the Davies challenge he was in a fantastic position to give it & didnt.

Lloris’s tackle was poor but IMO caution. Don’t feel that it was reckless with excessive force or endangered Sterling’s safety.

No excuses for Ben Davies ‘tackle’. Absolutely awful foul, textbook SFP

Poor challenge from Lloris and perhaps a perfect example of an orange card, no real complaints with the yellow.

No idea why Moss didn't send Davies off. He had a great view, so it's just baffling. Really can't get my head around why so many instances of SFP aren't being spotted this season (Alonso on Long another example from yesterday).

Poor challenge from Lloris and perhaps a perfect example of an orange card, no real complaints with the yellow.

No idea why Moss didn't send Davies off. He had a great view, so it's just baffling. Really can't get my head around why so many instances of SFP aren't being spotted this season (Alonso on Long another example from yesterday).

Moss needs a demotion after that performance, i’d Put him on the red lion v royal hart on Hackney marshes.

I've just found the footage to watch the Lloris challenge again.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/04/14/tottenham-hotspur-vs-manchester-city-highlights/ after 3 mins

This is a nailed on RC and SFP for me in or outside the box. It is borderline VC. Lloris dives two footed and his chances of getting anywhere the ball are slim. He does everything to take out the attacker.

This is a problem with the new pen+YC DOGSO law. The temptation is here (if you thought it was in the box) is to downgrade the card because of the new law. And it's a cop out when this IMHO of course is a nailed on RC!

Personally i thought Lloris was lucky at the time that a pen was given, had it been given as a free kick I think he could have walked.

Lorris tackle is not red. It's not two footed and the studs make contact with the foot of the attacker. Reckless all day long. I wouldn't even call it orange.

1523837146596.png
More importantly, what in the world is Jesus doing here, simple tap in, yet he drags it back. Would've been a good advantage for Moss.

Anyone else thinks its possible Moss was unsure the foul was inside but gave a penalty anyway because he was even more unsure between a yellow or red DOGSO if he had given a DFK?

It could have easily been a DFK Red DOGSO.
1523850296492.png

Lorris tackle is not red. It's not two footed and the studs make contact with the foot of the attacker. Reckless all day long. I wouldn't even call it orange.
It's two footed, off the ground and out of control as far as I can see on replay. Go figure. Not a genuine attempt on the ball either.

It's two footed, off the ground and out of control as far as I can see on replay. Go figure. Not a genuine attempt on the ball either.

This is the point of contact. His 2nd foot is literally bent under his own body. Yes his leg started high, but he lowered it before the foul occurred and the point of contact was on the foot. This is a reckless tackle all day long.

wiZg7go.jpg

As for not a genuine attempt to play the ball, that's just comical.

Anyone else thinks its possible Moss was unsure the foul was inside but gave a penalty anyway because he was even more unsure between a yellow or red DOGSO if he had given a DFK?

It could have easily been a DFK Red DOGSO.
View attachment 1882

I have not seen the game or any clips of it. But, I will say this. I have no idea how the play developed, and so on, in that snap shot, where is the referee? You simply have to be at least in that picture to make a credible call here. I also have no idea if its the 10th or 80th minute or anything, regardless, why is a an elite full time pro referee minimum 30 yards away from play here? ( i say that as I dont know where he is based on this pic), it "might" be excusable on the other diagonal as you have an AR there, but, come on, the ref is only being asked to fully cover one 18 yard box to the other?

I have not seen the game or any clips of it. But, I will say this. I have no idea how the play developed, and so on, in that snap shot, where is the referee? You simply have to be at least in that picture to make a credible call here. I also have no idea if its the 10th or 80th minute or anything, regardless, why is a an elite full time pro referee minimum 30 yards away from play here? ( i say that as I dont know where he is based on this pic), it "might" be excusable on the other diagonal as you have an AR there, but, come on, the ref is only being asked to fully cover one 18 yard box to the other?
I think you can answer most of your own questions if you watched the clip. The link was posted in post #9

I will look at the clip but even before I do, I will state its disappointing not to see the referee in the snap shot of the incident. how on earth is he going to be credible no matter what he calls here? he is nowhere to be seen !!!

Ok seen it, seen referee position, as soon as the Spurs pass towards the half way line is intercepted by City, its clear as day an attacking move with follow so Moss standing still on the half way line is futile ! he should be on his toes as soon as that pass is played, as its going into the danager zone and with gk coming out, a decision is going to have to be made ! it be nice to see him closer than 30 yards away to make it !

also, the first City goal, at no point, from pass played, to goal, is the AR up with play, he is chasing it the whole time. watch the replay from 2.29, he is nowhere near !!!!! Freeze the clip on 2.36 Shambolic. 2.37 is demotion material for me. Using the field markings the Ar is on the 18 with the ball 12 yards from goal !!

Ok seen it, seen referee position, as soon as the Spurs pass towards the half way line is intercepted by City, its clear as day an attacking move with follow so Moss standing still on the half way line is futile ! he should be on his toes as soon as that pass is played, as its going into the danager zone and with gk coming out, a decision is going to have to be made ! it be nice to see him closer than 30 yards away to make it !

also, the first City goal, at no point, from pass played, to goal, is the AR up with play, he is chasing it the whole time. watch the replay from 2.29, he is nowhere near !!!!! Freeze the clip on 2.36 Shambolic. 2.37 is demotion material for me. Using the field markings the Ar is on the 18 with the ball 12 yards from goal !!

Hindsight is 20/20. I wont criticise him much on that. At worst he was one second (if that) or a few yards late in reacting to direction of play. Perhaps he should have been a little higher up to start with given Man City were pressing high but not too fussed with were he was either. Had he been higher up or started moving up earlier, another turn over or a long ball any Spurs before the turn over, and he would have been 40 yards out at the other end. Then we would be saying where was he if there was incident at the other end. As I said, hindsight is 20/20.

Back