A&H

Tottenham Vs Brighton

Is Salisbury not doing a game in the Championship? He did the Burnley game v Sheff utd game on Monday so I would hardly say he's been dropped and nor should he really.
I suspect it is lazy journalism, they have seen he is in the Championship so assumed he has been dropped, even though there are always 3 SG1 referees on Championship duties. That will be his 8th Championship game of the season, so are they saying he has already been "dropped" 7 times?

If he had really been dropped I doubt he would have had any game at all.

The Referee Store
Mitoma we all can see it has hit his sleeve. Textbook definition of non-handball by the most recent update. I can't see how this can be debated because the still is literally the same as what we are taught.

With the welbeck goal, is there any evidence it 100% hit the arm? From MotD and Sky highlights, no. It goes near the arm, but we can't say it hit it as the cameras are blurry/wide angle and not fit for purpose. So I don't see how VAR can say it is handball without concrete proof.

With regards to the pull, I'm not sure how much more pulling a player can do before the shirt rips? Two hands to stop a player competing for the ball? If that's on a counter attack, that's a FK and caution all day long.
Hit his sleeve? Is that different to “armpit level” .. If it’s sleeve level then I look forward to all players wearing “long-sleeved, short-sleeve shirts” - more money for the kit suppliers! 😂😂😂

Back