A&H

too much?

The Referee Store
I've spent it, purely coz of my flipper feet, and they were the only boots I could wear comfortably.

That's fair enough then Ross, you had a legitimate reason whereas I wpuld feel bad if I bought them because I don't need them.

i would buy two pairs at £50 each or 3 pairs at £33 each

much more mileage for your money - or rather my money :)

I can't see the point in spending a lot on boots for reffing unless there is an issue with comfort. You might as well get cheaper ones because it's not as if you need all the hi tech features etc.
That's my opinion but each to their own.

I had to pay £85 for some copa mundials, I'm flat footed so I had to find some that could fit my insoles in and could be comfy, very good investment

I can't see the point in spending a lot on boots for reffing unless there is an issue with comfort. You might as well get cheaper ones because it's not as if you need all the hi tech features etc.
That's my opinion but each to their own.
That's exactly my view as well mate, I want them but don't need them, which is why I've decided to not get them.

This might be an age thing, but cheap boots have caused me more problems in the long run. Comfort and looking after your feet is important. That said, you can get *good* boots for £50 or less if you shop around.

Personally I find the £50 or less boots don't last very long and just wear

Okay, you do need to shop around but you can get kaiser 5s for 40-50 quid and they are comfortable and will last. That brings me to the next point, wait for sales! Post season being a great time to pick up bargains.

end of season sales, beat me to it, monkey

not sure what amount of wear you should expect from boots if you're just refereeing but i bought a couple of pairs of nike tiempo's a year ago. have refereed about 50 matches plus three tournaments and they're still good to go

currently discounted prices in the £30-£40 range from sportsdirect

http://www.sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-football-boots/mens-Nike-Tiempo-football-boots

excuse my ignorance but are there really boots that are made specifically for referees

if so, the world really has gone mad

Okay, you do need to shop around but you can get kaiser 5s for 40-50 quid and they are comfortable and will last. That brings me to the next point, wait for sales! Post season being a great time to pick up bargains.
What do you think about the kaiser 5's? I'm interested in them also

I think the kaiser 5's are very good. Into my second pair now, and really really good boots. Very comfortable, don't wear out easily and quite well priced.

They are great. I have studded and moulded pairs and love them both. Would need a lot of convincing to switch to a different boot.

Back