A&H

Tomorrow's game - odd situation advice needed

The Referee Store
Ignore them and just get on with refereeing the game. You can have a flirt after the game if you want to but not during it! :p

I think this could be a once-in-a-career opportunity to caution a player who "acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game". So I hope you take it!

I think this could be a once-in-a-career opportunity to caution a player who "acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game". So I hope you take it!
This is what I was thinking, obviously hopefully let the humour and novelty wear off first of having a referee of your own age while still being in school. But if it gets aggressive and distracting I'd cite this as my reasoning behind a possible booking.

I'd, for once, show that referee's arent robots and that you can have a sense of humour, take any flirting as a compliment...

if anything you could turn it back on her by simply saying things like 'thank you' 'im very flattered, but i have more important things to do for the next 90 minutes'

never know though...could end up with 5 minutes behind the bike sheds after!! wheyyyyyyyy

You appear to be taking a second hand, off the cuff remark from a ladies football training session very seriously. They were messing about mate.

You are young so perhaps the prospect of being flirted with is still exciting. However,and I hate to break this to you, ladies do not find the referee or his outfit sexy. There is no sexy football referee calendar (like you see for half naked firemen!). There is no popular chat up line that starts "hi love, I am a footie referee, get your coat it's your lucky night!"

Stop worrying about this and get your thinking straight.

You appear to be taking a second hand, off the cuff remark from a ladies football training session very seriously. They were messing about mate.

You are young so perhaps the prospect of being flirted with is still exciting. However,and I hate to break this to you, ladies do not find the referee or his outfit sexy. There is no sexy football referee calendar (like you see for half naked firemen!). There is no popular chat up line that starts "hi love, I am a footie referee, get your coat it's your lucky night!"

Stop worrying about this and get your thinking straight.
You're probably right to be fair, let's hope so and I can get on with refereeing normally. I'm not that naive enough to think it was 100% serious, but the player in question is known for being a bit of a pellet to referees and opposition players!

If it's done once or twice it's a kid on thing of course. But if it happens throughout the game I'm taking it as trying to distract me and being a pain in the arse that I'm going to deal with. Been told to treat the game the same no matter what gender and if a gay male footballer did this our reactions would be different.

Never mind fellas, pal was on the wind up... What an embarrassment :(

Last edited by a moderator:

"hi love, I am a footie referee, get your coat it's your lucky night!"

You mean this doesn't work for you guys??? Must be saying it wrong!

You're probably right to be fair, let's hope so and I can get on with refereeing normally. I'm not that naive enough to think it was 100% serious, but the player in question is known for being a bit of a pellet to referees and opposition players!

If it's done once or twice it's a kid on thing of course. But if it happens throughout the game I'm taking it as trying to distract me and being a pain in the arse that I'm going to deal with. Been told to treat the game the same no matter what gender and if a gay male footballer did this our reactions would be different.

Never mind fellas, pal was on the wind up... What an embarrassment :(

To be fair mate I was refereeing Ladies of similar age a few years ago. Walk on to the pitch to hear one player say to her captain 'You better have the chat-up lines the day' before she walked into the circle for the handshake. Both laughed. Bit of banter! Think she was more embarrassed than anything.

My advice: don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

In all seriousness just brush it off and ref the match as if you never heard it. Simples.

And don't worry about @Supermonkey he's just never got over wearing this for Halloween.

Attachments

• 31P4m2C48hL._SY400_.jpg
    31P4m2C48hL._SY400_.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 8
Back