A&H

Threats from an injured player

SionTHFC

So i was on the line for a reserve game on friday night. Everything was going great from my point of view until the other AR flagged for a free kick against the home team, cue screaming and moans from the dugout. Referee goes over to calm them down, to which one of them called the ref a "Fuc**** Gobshi**" When asked for his name, he gave the name (Example) Joe Bloggs, which to be fair to the home manager, confirmed he was lying and proceded to give him his real name.
Game carried on with no probelms untill half time came along and as we met in the middle the other AR said the same troublemaker had said to one of his friends "It's okay, i'll drop him after the game" directly after the ref ran away from the incident. Game suspended until the said person was removed from the ground. After talking to a few people it turned out the guy in question was a player for the home team who was out injured. He was removed and the game continued without any problems, with the away team equalizing in the 91st minute.
Reports sent off and expect, and hoping, for a long ban for the player in question!!

The Referee Store
Comments like that really do need stamping out and players banning

Its a very lonely place in the car park after a game when threats have been made and can stop people Reffing for good. I know... I've been on the end of a "I'm gonna burn you and your family's house to the ground tonight ref"

Was anything done about it? Was it ****. Did I throw my whistle in the bin? Very very nearly.

Back