A&H

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
My daughter refereed a U12 game near the start of the season where the home team had three number 4s. At half time they got some gaffer tape and the second half started with a 4, 41 and 141.

My daughter refereed a U12 game near the start of the season where the home team had three number 4s. At half time they got some gaffer tape and the second half started with a 4, 41 and 141.

Would it really cause an issue at u12? Or any amateur level for that matter?

It's a cautionable offence to wear a wrong number? :hmmm:

Thought it was a play on, report it to the relevant authorities after the match situation?

Perhaps the referee believed the player switched shirt numbers to deceive the ref as he was on a yellow already. Therefore a caution for USB would be correct and it being his second, made it a sending off...??..... perhaps?

Perhaps the referee believed the player switched shirt numbers to deceive the ref as he was on a yellow already. Therefore a caution for USB would be correct and it being his second, made it a sending off...??..... perhaps?

Seriously?

What exactly would the caution be for?

@Jacko - malb appears to be groping for some kind, or any kind, of rationale for the referees actions rather than his own opinion.

:cool:

Yeah realised after I pressed send.

Long weekend, roll on next weekend and we can start making our own mistakes.

Would it really cause an issue at u12? Or any amateur level for that matter?
Well she didn't caution anyone for it. But they play competitively at that level, and cards, goal scorers and best players are reported by the ref. While cautions are few and far between, goals are plenty as you'd imagine with an 8 yard goal and 5 foot keeper. And despite being U12 some team managers can get very excited indeed if they think that an ineligible player is being fielded by the other team.

It's a cautionable offence to wear a wrong number? :hmmm:

Thought it was a play on, report it to the relevant authorities after the match situation?

Competition rules perhaps? Along the same sort of lines as wearing jewellery or the wrong coloured undershorts onto the pitch is cautionable in some competitions...

Competition rules perhaps? Along the same sort of lines as wearing jewellery or the wrong coloured undershorts onto the pitch is cautionable in some competitions...

Can competition rules specify cautions for "offences" not classed as cautionable in LOTG?

I believe the answer is 'no, but they do'. Same with local directives, pretty sure a local FA/RA isn't supposed to issue a directive saying, for instance, that jewellery on the field is a mandatory caution, but it happens anyway.
Same with some other modifications that get made.

Back