A&H

Thoughts?

Greeny

Level 4 Referee
What are your thoughts on the second pen? Surely it has to be DOGSO and not a yellow(which was given)?
Watch from 5.30

The Referee Store
Its quite hard to judge from the camera angle, and as I like to say, if your going to criticise a referee, criticise him from the angle that he has!

I possibly wouldn't even give a yellow...was going away from goal and keeps would have got ball anyway. Certainly not dogso in my book anyway

I had the angle from directy behind the dugout, and i am biased as a city fan, but at the time it seemed a dogso, just wanted a second opinion. :)

I'm with herts, penalty definitely, caution maybe. Nothing more than that.

I disagree, I don't even think it was a penalty, the attacker just collapsed onto the ground. No penalty, and certainly not DOGSO.

It's the shirt pull which is clear. It's holding, penalty. The defender is pulling his shirt before the ball even gets I to the penalty area.

Easy pen and possibly only a caution if the defender is already on the radar. Defender and keeper between striker and goal with another defender coming in to cover so no DOGSO.
Besides that Greeny I've not forgiven you for the ice bucket nomination.

Pulling is a penal offence and should always be punished with a penalty. Pulling isn't necessary to tackle therefore penalty every day...

Pulling is a penal offence and should always be punished with a penalty.

has anyone ever told the premier league refs this?

p.s. as i know you were talking about the incident in the vid, i'll let you off the glaring inaccuracy in your statement above this time, herts :)

has anyone ever told the premier league refs this?

p.s. as i know you were talking about the incident in the vid, i'll let you off the glaring inaccuracy in your statement above this time, herts :)

My apologies. Holding an opponent would be more accurate!

And of course I should say DFK or penalty !!!

Shhhhh its been a long day! Meeting in central London this morning followed by my 'normal' work!

Pulling is a penal offence and should always be punished with a penalty. Pulling isn't necessary to tackle therefore penalty every day...
But if you gave a penalty/DFK every time a player was held then it would be just one big penalty shootout

But if you gave a penalty/DFK every time a player was held then it would be just one big penalty shootout

If your beloved hull city were clean through like that in the 90th minute of your fa cup final and that happened (no pen), you'd be jumping up throwing your chips and gravy at (thats all northerners eat, right?) the telly calling the ref something mean !

And we wonder why supporters, managers and players (with obvious bias) struggle to understand our decisions on the pitch when we as referees struggle to agree impartially!! lol ;)

Back