A&H

Thought I'd seen it all

Too many from too many players to be able to pick any out lol. After the goal was scored just the one player voiced his thoughts and he got a caution
I understand that mate.

Would be nice in a situation such as that to be able to bring all the players together and fish out a serious 'if I knew who that was you'd be walking, one peep and you're history' type bollocking, but it would no doubt make you look like you've lost the plot.

Would make me feel better though :D

The Referee Store
I understand that mate.

Would be nice in a situation such as that to be able to bring all the players together and fish out a serious 'if I knew who that was you'd be walking, one peep and you're history' type bollocking, but it would no doubt make you look like you've lost the plot.

Would make me feel better though :D
It worked for Nigel Owens

Goalkeeper today had a difficult game. He caught the ball and as he was moving laterally and off balance, he dropped it again, I shouted "DON'T!" but he still picked it up again ... IDFK to the attack.

Later in the game, one of his team mates concede a penalty kick. I've swept the area, spoken to the keeper about staying on his line, spoken to the kicker and as I blow the whistle I note the keeper has stepped off the goal line by at least 30cm. He's not even close to standing on it.

I allow the kick to continue and when the kicker strikes the ball against the crossbar and it drops to a defender, I blow the whistle and order a re-take. Cue pandemonium as protests, threats and abuse all fly in my direction. I settle everyone down and begin the reset. The keeper takes up his position again and again steps off the goal line. This time the ball hasn't been placed by the kicker, so I tell him to wait and instruct the keeper to step back on the goal line. He does so, but steps forward again. I tell him again and he refuses to move. I tell him again and he still refuses to move. I caution.

The kick is taken and a goal is scored. Centre Forward announces loudly that this is "F*cking b*llsh*t" to no one in particular and he is also cautioned. Now all this could have been avoided if the keeper had just stepped on to his line and stayed there.
Brian ...i will usually give the keeper one step on a penalty , i have in the past had a keeper save one on the six yard line ! That is taking things too far

Brian ...i will usually give the keeper one step on a penalty , i have in the past had a keeper save one on the six yard line ! That is taking things too far
Don't mind one step as the player runs up but this guy just stepped off the line after I blew the whistle. The rest is in the other posts in this thread

Back