A&H

This Week's Tournament

MattyontheWhistle

RefChat Addict
to be honest I had no idea just how big this thing was until now!

http://nzaimsgames.co.nz/football-2013/

Across something like 16 sports, there are 6,500 athletes, from 193 schools in New Zealand, Australia and Pacific Islands. (London 2012 apparently had 10,600 athletes competing)

There will be 360 football matches played, there are 710 match balls in use, and there are another 15 other sports as well - all for kids 11-13 years old!

(I am very pleased to say that the football has more teams in it than any of the other sports! A rugby nation? Really? Pah!!!!!)

For me - 3 games yesterday, 3 today, rest day tomorrow, three possibly four on Thursday, and one on Finals day Friday.

THEN a two-game weekend to round-off my season!

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Do you need any help? I am willing to do it for nothing. I will just claim my travel at the usual 36p a mile.;)

lol........would be good. Schools are supposed to provide a referee, if they don't bring a ref, then it's an extra $500, so if you can get 16 schools together you're sorted!

Met a wonderful teacher there, who is 'in charge' of her school team "I'm not a coach, i know nothing!" was her self-description. The school has come over from Rarotonga, one of the Pacific Islands, and they have obviously been funded quite well, brand-new kit, team jackets/tracksuits etc.

While introducing myself to their opposition coach, he has pointed out that the Raro GK has no gloves on, and that he has a spare pair if I wouldn't mind offering them to the coach.

'I'd be happy to, it's very kind of you to offer' says I.

Trotted over, spoke the coach and told her what he's said "Oh, no thank you, we have a couple of pairs but he's not used to wearing them and doesn't like them. But to be honest, none of them are used to wearing boots and shinpads - they always play barefoot at home. Come to think of it, I think it's the first time half of them have ever worn socks!"

Don't you just love it!

(they lost 9-0)

Back