A&H

This weekend

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
With this Sunday being rememberance Sunday all games this weekend will have a minute/2minute silence. I really don't anticipate it but what if a player/manager starts shouting or distrupting it. What do you do? Ignore it? Have a word and report it to the league? YC for unsporting. Or RC for OFFINOBU language/behaviour. Just think someone maybe standing on the sideline that finds it highly offensive that a player it not observing the minute silence to respect the dead.

The Referee Store
what can you do dave, you hear it at prem games so daft sod has something to say and usually gets boo'ed, but the said person might find it offensive that we are holding a 2 mins silence, that is why i asked if there was any objections to holding one before hand GOT TO BE PC NOW HAVE WE REF is the reply i got from a player and we all laughed, everyone there expected to do and i think would of been upset if i did not initiate one.

but it would be good to hear what others have to say.

To be fair, I don't really think there's a lot you can do to punish a player for not observing a minutes silence. I've had two teams refuse to do it before when I asked them before the game about it. Never did get a reason why they didn't want to

Well said Ross, Its up to both teams, I suppose it will give you an idea on the game ahead if they don't want to participate in the silence. I find it very stupid if they dont.

Back