A&H

The Respect Line

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
Hi guys and girls

Just a quick query to check I'm understanding this correctly... When leagues refer to a respect line does this refer to a line or barrier a yard or so from the pitch where spectators and coaches can stand behind?

Sorry if this seems silly just terminology we didn't have in my playing days

A&H International
Hi guys and girls

Just a quick query to check I'm understanding this correctly... When leagues refer to a respect line does this refer to a line or barrier a yard or so from the pitch where spectators and coaches can stand behind?

Technically 3 yards and only applies to spectators - not coaches (coaches on one side of the pitch, spectators on the other).

All dependant on the facilities, the team I used to play for had 2 pitches in a huge field but I've also been to places where it's barely a pace away from the edge of the FOP

Hi guys and girls

Yep it is. It has to be at least 1m away from the FOP but the further away the better :). It can be made out of a line of cones, a white line on the ground or a set of poles and rope along the touchline. The cones and white line are by far the best because in my experience everyone stays behind them but with the poles and rope this happens. It was at an U9's match in the Sheffield Boys League and is a very common problem.

image.jpg

If you're on the mid herts rural minor league then there must be one or teams get fined!

I had a game where the parents were literally on the touchline, asked them to get back during a stop in play, one of two moved, so I stopped the game and said I am not restarting till they got back, fair to say they moved quite quickly.........

My first ever game the ball was heading over the touchline but bounced off a massive handbag and didn't leave the fop! Still blew for a throw and the offending article was removed with a big round blob of mud on it!

Hi Dan

I am starting in the MHRML and I understand this must be present. Is it home teams responsibility to have the respect line present by KO?

I know our responsibility comes in at the point of filling in report and writing yes or no. Just wondering if home teams responsibility and must the line be both sides of pitch or just one?

Cheeeeeers for all the replies lads

From my experience it's normally on 1 side and all the spectators should be on that side with subs etc on the other. What region are you going on to in mid herts?

Remember playing there as a kid but we always ended up on pitch over the road on its own with the super length grass!

Good memories of the ref sending my gaffer to stand under the trees on edge of field after he threw a wobbly! In the rain with umbrella! Very Steve McLaren!

I work locally in Waltham cross. I'm sure if you returned to Enfield now you would be amazed at the change. Used to be a great place. I tend to avoid now unless absolutely necessary

I know the Cross well.....used to live in Cheshunt for a while. Grew up around Haringey and Tottenham........

Back