A&H

The Perils of Using the Vanishing Spray

Dommer OFK

For a few years now South American and Mexican refs (and from this season, the MLS officials) have had a spray in their arsenal with which to mark out position of a free kick and the 9.1m for the wall.

However - be wary of when the can comes apart - trying to put the nozzle back on is a tricky procedure:

The Referee Store
This is a very good idea!

Would be interesting to see it used in the premiership! Some may argue, that the referee has two assistants and a fourth official at that level - however using this just cuts all the hassle, and IMO, really aids the referee!

I have said it before, and will say it again. This spray = the most pointless piece of kit ever.

1. Like drahc says, you have assistants who can watch it + you should be able to manage it yourself
2. I have never really had a problem with the situation the spray tries to 'resolve'.

Complete nonsense!

Agree with Reffariiii, personally i wouldnt want to be carrying a can of spray around with me during the course of the game just to indicate where the ball is and how far the wall has to be back. You as a team of officials can surely manage that situation.
In these hard times of recession id imagine it wouldnt be cost effective either ;)

Back