A&H

The good book ?

Rory

Level 7 Referee
Hi I have been reading some old posts on this site and I have come across a few people saying read the good book .now this might be a stupid question but what book are they referring to and is it worth a read ?

The Referee Store
Hi I have been reading some old posts on this site and I have come across a few people saying read the good book .now this might be a stupid question but what book are they referring to and is it worth a read ?
The laws of the game.

I have been reading the good book lol and I’m having trouble making sense of a free kick rule could someone translate it into more simple terms for me please lol it says
indirect free kicks to the attacking team for a offence inside the opponents goal area are taken from the nearest point on the goal area line which runs parallel to the goal line ? Any help would be great thank you

An attacking IDFK cannot be inside the 6 yard box. So let's say for example the keeper handles a back pass on the line in the middle of the goal, the IDFK would be taken on the goal area (6 yard box) line in the middle of the goal.

An attacking IDFK cannot be inside the 6 yard box. So let's say for example the keeper handles a back pass on the line in the middle of the goal, the IDFK would be taken on the goal area (6 yard box) line in the middle of the goal.
Brilliant thank you for your help

note that it goes out from the goal line--it does NOT go to the SIDE of the goal area. (I saw this done incorrectly sin an MLS game a few years ago and was stunned that not one of the four officials realized what was being done wrong.)

Back