A&H

The games changed!

RefJef

RefChat Addict
Yesterday was my first game of the season.

Unlike many on the forum, I quite enjoy pre-season friendlies, and for the first half, this was no different: two good teams, playing good football and everyone, myself included, enjoying the game.

Five minutes into the second half and, without warning, everything changed.

It started to bucket down, and I got soaked. The rain was biblical.

The games changed! Back in the day, pre-season friendlies in August were characterised by searing heat, baking sun and players constantly asking how long ‘till the drinks break?

Still a good game, though, enjoyed myself and, 24 hours later, I’ve nearly dried out.

The Referee Store
Yesterday was my first game of the season.

Unlike many on the forum, I quite enjoy pre-season friendlies, and for the first half, this was no different: two good teams, playing good football and everyone, myself included, enjoying the game.

Five minutes into the second half and, without warning, everything changed.

It started to bucket down, and I got soaked. The rain was biblical.

The games changed! Back in the day, pre-season friendlies in August were characterised by searing heat, baking sun and players constantly asking how long ‘till the drinks break?

Still a good game, though, enjoyed myself and, 24 hours later, I’ve nearly dried out.
I wait for the 'right' Friendly to come along and then pounce, rather than let anyone assign me to a game. I'm not that keen on'em overall, but quite enjoyed yesterday's little jaunt as I'm cramming a bit of fitness work before my first (observed) middle, a week Tuesday

My Friendly yesterday was 'Steaming'. That is to say, it got a bit foggy when the sun came out and the wet 4G surface started steaming! 🌧️🌦️☀️

Last edited:
Back