A&H

The FA badge or county badge?

deusex

RefChat Addict
I feel that as I am representing the county and am a "senior county referee" the county logo should be on my shirt.
Call me an old humbug, but I believe the 3 lions badge should be for L4s and above.
Obv the young uns want it on their kit from day one as it does look a lot smarter than most county badges (except Leicestershire, that had a FOX!!!!) but the old fart in me can't help but think it should be reserved for those that officiate above the local premier league.
Ramblings of a miserable sod over.

The Referee Store
I totally disagree, the three lions badge shows you are a qualified member of the F.A. it gives you respect,and every time i put my shirt on with that badge i am proud to be a referee.I have my County Badge on the other side too.I wouldn't want it any other way........

I think that when acting as AR on supply leagues (given they can be cross-county) the FAMOA badge is more acceptable, given that it matches the referee However a county badge for local leagues and cup appointments looks just as smart indeed.

Whether it be a player,parent,club officials or spectators when they see a referee with the FAMOA badge on his shirt they know he's taken the exams,passed the test,been checked on the CRB and are comfortable in the knowledge that the referee is a registered and trustworthy official especially when it comes to U18,17,16,15,14,13,ETC. matches.Drivers have a driving licence we have the FAMOA badge(my own personal opinion)

Back