A&H

The end of the season

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
As the season reaches it's conclusion I'm down to my final 4 games of the 2014/15 season.
Got 1 U13's, 1 U19's (AR) and 2 cup final (1 middle, 1 line).
Who's got what left now? Can't be much more left now really

The Referee Store
Down to my last 4.
Coorporate event AR tomorrow night.
School staff league middle Friday.
Mini soccer game Saturday morning.
U15's middle a week on Sunday.

2 U18 League games, 2 U18 finals (one middle, 1 AR) and 1 Open Age final AR if it gets rescheduled (currently pending an appeal to the County FA)..Keeping fingers crossed for 1 or 2 more ...

How many cups are they ? :eek: Seems like everyone of you have 2 or 3 finals, is there a cup for every neighbourhood ? :D

Can't speak for elsewhere, but in both my Open Age and U18 Leagues there are around forty teams and six different cup competiions. So whilst getting a cup final appointment is nice recognition and a great way to end the season, it's certainly not a 'once in a lifetime' achievement!

How many cups are they ? :eek: Seems like everyone of you have 2 or 3 finals, is there a cup for every neighbourhood ? :D
Around 12 County Finals, 4 District Finals, League Cup/Trophy Finals for every league within spitting distance and 4 officials per final, so most people get involved in one or two this time of year.

I keep getting last minute AR duties on my local Step7 league, which is nice as I need to do 5 lines to meet the L4 promotion criteria.

So I now have 2 more ARs on the next two Saturday's, followed by a final middle on 16th May.

@Brian Hamilton @Russell Jones
Ok I get it now, to give you an idea of the situation here, we are something like 220 refs for only 4 cup finals (OA, U19, U17, U15), so having one appointment is a big deal :D

But therefore, all the team's of the District are involved and by the time we reach the 1/4 finals, all is left is the top of the top of regional level football.

I had the chance to be central referee to one U15 QF and AR to one U19 QF.
No appointment for the SFs, so maybe I can dream of one on the big day :D

@Brian Hamilton @Russell Jones
Ok I get it now, to give you an idea of the situation here, we are something like 220 refs for only 4 cup finals (OA, U19, U17, U15), so having one appointment is a big deal :D

But therefore, all the team's of the District are involved and by the time we reach the 1/4 finals, all is left is the top of the top of regional level football.

I had the chance to be central referee to one U15 QF and AR to one U19 QF.
No appointment for the SFs, so maybe I can dream of one on the big day :D
We have 1200 referees in our County but a lot are not active and many have done most of the finals up for grabs. They operate across 25 leagues (if not more), so you can see why a lot of people get a lot of cup finals.

Back