A&H

The constant noise of players opinions - a Psychological diagnosis

TomThompson

I had to laugh when I came across this on the internet – Vulnerable Narcissism.

Have you ever wondered why 20 years ago and beyond, the few who argued with the refs were universally regarded as psychos and basket-cases. But now in the new millennium everyone and his brother-in-law has to voice their opinion. Here is a clue. Vulnerable Narcissism is apparently at epidemic in the ‘millennials’, and here are some of its common trait

Sense of Entitlement

a constant victimization mentality

Lack of emotion regulation

Non-linear feelings (a.k.a. blowing things out of proportion)

…so now you know why

The Referee Store

Have you ever wondered why 20 years ago and beyond, the few who argued with the refs were universally regarded as psychos and basket-cases. But now in the new millennium everyone and his brother-in-law has to voice their opinion. Here is a clue. Vulnerable Narcissism is apparently at epidemic in the ‘millennials’, and here are some of its common trait

Sense of Entitlement

…so now you know why
I would agree with this, but for in my experience, its the older generation player/coach/fan/brother-in-law that are the worst :D

Not at all saying that those traits are not common in my fellow millenials though!

Sense of Entitlement

…so now you know why

Totally. :cool:

I would agree with this, but for in my experience, its the older generation player/coach/fan/brother-in-law that are the worst :D

Not at all saying that those traits are not common in my fellow millenials though!

Came here to make that point haha! I know a few sunday league teams that would give any U21s a run for their money

Back