A&H

technique of 2 whistles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blast is louder, the fox is easier to control, those are both facts. And as such, there are obvious benefits to using one over the other in each situation. And yes, if there's a fight going on in front on my, I find it more efficient to switch that to tire myself out by failing to make as much noise on the fox. And it's really not tricky.

Why on earth you have a problem is what confuses me most. It's a technique that's worked for me, it's something that's fairly widely done and it's a technique that someone has specifically asked for help on implementing. What you both think you're adding to that discussion by telling me effectively that I'm going to be less good as a referee because of this is the toughest bit to get my head around.

At what point has anyone said that? It was just an observation @GraemeS, really didn't expect that reaction. If it works for you then fab, you keep doing it. Its not for me (am i allowed to say that) but each to their own.

The Referee Store
The blast is louder, the fox is easier to control, those are both facts. And as such, there are obvious benefits to using one over the other in each situation. And yes, if there's a fight going on in front on my, I find it more efficient to switch that to tire myself out by failing to make as much noise on the fox. And it's really not tricky.

Why on earth you have a problem is what confuses me most. It's a technique that's worked for me, it's something that's fairly widely done and it's a technique that someone has specifically asked for help on implementing. What you both think you're adding to that discussion by telling me effectively that I'm going to be less good as a referee because of this is the toughest bit to get my head around.
Reading too much between lines that dont exist here pal.
I really struggle with the fox and controlling it so it isnt a fact, its a matter of preference. I find the blast easier to control.
All I am saying is, having carried two whistles previously, the thought of trying to switch between them unneccessarily complicates things for me.
If it works for you fine. I was just contributing to the thread in terms of my experiences with both whistles and my misgivings to using multiple whistles. Also the fact that switching doesnt seem like a subconscious act so its an extra thought when I want to be thinking instigator and retaliator. But its just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back