A&H

Team score... Opponents equalise while they're still celebrating

The Referee Store
Must be it :

Reminded me of another video I watched a while ago :

Now if the second one made me laugh and quite amazed me at the time, the first one made me quite uncomfortable, the ref seems to play quite a too big role in that..

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be it :

Reminded me of another video I watched a while ago :

Now if the second one made me laugh and quite amazed me at the time, the first one made me quite uncomfortable, the ref seems to play quite a too big role in that..
That first one is what I was hoping for!!

Can some big moderator boss person please put it in my post so I don't look so silly please :)

How can the referee play any role except ensuring that the rules are followed?
If one entire team decides to take the piss, and their opponents aren't silly enough to wait for them before getting on with the game of football that they're there to play in the first place(!), then I'm fine with restarting play.

Causing a bit of unnecessary controversy though, isn't it?

Not saying I haven't done it if the team was just taking way too long (like if they take forever to take the field after half time) :p

If both teams have a minimum of 7 players in their own half and the remaining players are not in the opposition half, get on with it. I've done it and it really starts the game with a rush. Time wasting fail.

Sod that. A team are celebrating unnecessarily, I'll give them a warning. They keep going, I'll book someoneone for delaying the restart. I'm not going to go and start the game without the sodding GK in goal. I'd rather card if necessary, and stop my watch if not. It's a recipe for losing any and all control of the match.

How can the referee play any role except ensuring that the rules are followed?

Easy, if the team rushes to get the ball, place it and wait for the whistle, and the ref blows it, then he's just ensuring the rules
If the ref goes and catch the ball himself to give it to the attacker and rush to whistle, while he's not even positioned where he should be on a kick off, then he's playing a big role
Is it ok if a ref get the ball on a Free kick and say to the attacker "play quick ! they're not ready !!" ? Well that's the same thing IMO

I agree with Yacinho on this one..... the Ref in the first clip seems very eager to get the ball back on the spot and blow the whistle maybe a a bit over eager ??

If both teams have a minimum of 7 players in their own half and the remaining players are not in the opposition half, get on with it. I've done it and it really starts the game with a rush. Time wasting fail.

All players must be in their defending half before play can resume.

You cannot restart a game if only 7 players are in their defending half while the remaining 4 are not.

But i like your thinking.

Easy, if the team rushes to get the ball, place it and wait for the whistle, and the ref blows it, then he's just ensuring the rules
If the ref goes and catch the ball himself to give it to the attacker and rush to whistle, while he's not even positioned where he should be on a kick off, then he's playing a big role
Is it ok if a ref get the ball on a Free kick and say to the attacker "play quick ! they're not ready !!" ? Well that's the same thing IMO
In that case, of course, the referee is not acting impartially, so it would be an issue regardless of what else is going on.
If one team wants to get on with the game however, and the other is holding the ball while they celebrate however, it's a form of delaying play - which I would definitely do something about. And if the ball is freely available, I'll point out where it is, and ask them to go get it set up properly - as I normally do for any restart.

Back